Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Possible ST Replacements? Need opinions!

If you really want more money in your pocket, sell the FiST and buy a used car for under $10K. Lots of fun performance cars at that pricepoint and lots more money in your pocket to mod them.

Don't ever go to a dealership to have them "crunch the numbers" for you. You will lose every time.

$100/mo = $3/day or $1200/yr. Quit going to Starbucks and you can about cover that cost.

A Honda Fit? Something tells me you will be willing to pay that extra $3 a day when your invisible turbo doesn't kick in. [loveboost]

Good luck. I suggest you find a friend with a good handle on their $$ to help you make the decision.

Source: I work in finance, and our main goal is to get you to spend more $$$.

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
Well I don't drink Starbucks and manage my money very well. Thank you for the expert advice but I'm going to keep the ST. Just need to fix this damn clutch problem.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Is it the spring that making the noise? I wonder if that helper spring on the clutch pedal is removable and necessary. I took it off on my 2011 Mustang GT. It made the pedal a little heavier to press, but no ill effects.

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
No idea. Ford won't even look at it. They claim all STs counting the focus make the noise.

OP
Kip2MyLou

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #29
Haha. I'm keeping it. Just trying to get this clutch fixed. Then I'll be all smiles.

Unfortunately, I might be getting rid of the ST. I bought the ST on top of money I owed from my last car, so the payments are kinda high, for a $24,000 car.

What I was looking for are some cars that start under $20,000 that I could trade in on the ST leftover payments, and get my payments lowered. I was looking at a Honda Fit. I've heard nothing buy great things about them.

I was going to go to Honda and have them crunch the numbers and see if it would make any difference in my monthly payments if I did this. I'm looking to save about $100 a month on this possible new car.

Any help would be appreciated guys! Thanks.

Sell your FiST.
Buy a cheap toyota car or truck for a grand.
Pay off all your debt.
Profit.
Then, after doing all the above, you can look at newer vehicles.