Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Post a picture of your Fiesta ST as it sits right now!

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Funny thing is....the driverside is an actual fog light with intake hose connected up to it

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Where did you get the bottom grill for the intercooler? I've been meaning to do something about the way it's so open on mine. Some of the fins need a little straightening. [emoji848]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm old enough to remember when all cars rusted within 3 years.
Paint has come a long way. Sadly, the FiST is far more rust-resistant than the Pinto, but the paint isn't much better than the Pinto's either.

The Fiesta is an economy car. The FiST is what Ford could do with it to make it fun, at a price point. In spite of the glowing reviews it got in the press, it was not a big seller, and Ford sold most of them cheap.

These things will rust out if you drive them in the salty snow. Get a winter beater, if you have somewhere to park it. This car is a unicorn now, in the Americas.
Yes, they are unicorns with hen's teeth in their mouths now.

But having to have a beater to also take care of/insure/have parking space for, along with NOT having an enclosure to store the 'exotic garage queen LaFerrari' in (the way some on here view/treat theirs, and all the more power to them if they are able to [wink]) anyway, kind of defeats the purpose of owning an inexpensive, very fun, daily driver (to ME at least).

IF I felt that way it would NEVER EVER be driven down stage rally roads at all, which would kill me if I had to drive an effing rental SUV down them instead. [nono]

I try to avoid the salt soup IF AT ALL possible, but I do use the pressure washer under the car anytime it does see any of that shit when hitting runoff patches after the storms.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club

But having to have a beater to also take care of/insure/have parking space for, along with NOT having an enclosure to store the 'exotic garage queen LaFerrari' in (the way some on here view/treat theirs, and all the more power to them if they are able to[wink]) anyway, kind of defeats the purpose of owning an inexpensive, very fun, daily driver (to ME at least).

IF I felt that way it would NEVER EVER be driven down stage rally roads at all, which would kill me if I had to drive an effing rental SUV down them instead. [nono]

I try to avoid the salt soup IF AT ALL possible, but I do use the pressure washer under the car anytime it does see any of that shit when hitting runoff patches after the storms.
That is my quandry as well!
The FiST falls into a weird category. It was meant to be a fun car with utility.
It blurs the line between a pure weekend car (like a Vette, for example), and an everyday "A to B" car.

It feels semi-silly to make it a garage queen, but it also feels bad to punish it with salt and the like (the "Hen's Tooth" thing comes into play for me).

Pretty stoked for the turbo, more stoked to reach a point where I feel like I'm done buying stuff lol
I gotta replace what's been done to mine before anything, so personally I've just started haha. But dope, hope once it gets dropped and road worthy it feels like you can be done.

Looks great!-random question how long did it take delta to get the riser to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ordered it on 11 December and they told me it wouldn’t ship until after the holiday. On 4 Jan I received the shipping notification and it arrived on 8 Jan. Surprised me, I thought it would take a week or two.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account

But having to have a beater to also take care of/insure/have parking space for, along with NOT having an enclosure to store the 'exotic garage queen LaFerrari' in (the way some on here view/treat theirs, and all the more power to them if they are able to[wink]) anyway, kind of defeats the purpose of owning an inexpensive, very fun, daily driver (to ME at least).

I get what you're saying. For many (probably most) people, a beater isn't a practical option. When I was young and lived in apartments, having a car and a motorcycle at the same time was difficult.
But, my beater was gotten cheap, and is a pretty decent vehicle in itself. It could be my only car and I'd be OK.
If I could only have one vehicle, it would be my FiST. I'd buy some snows, and just clean the underparts whenever possible in the salt soup, like you.

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club

Salt Away GALLON CONCENTRATE marine corrosion remover
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0092WXN1A/

Star brite Salt Off Protector with PTEF 1 Gallon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004A7J8FW/

Applicator for either...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0064N1FOW/

Ford Community Posts