Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Post Ford Safety Recall 17S09 (Low coolant sensor) - mountune mTune / Cobb AP - Lack or Flashing

OP
marc89gti
Thread Starter #41
Wish I had seen this thread earlier. I kept putting off the recall because I was using the car, but the season is over and it is winter so I figured what the heck. 5 hours right? The car is currently at the third dealer to attmpt the fix, and has been there for 18 days and counting. They claim to have hacked into the wiring harness to splice in the sensor, and now the check-engine light is on. Probably never going to get the Cobb tune back on it after they are done with it! Grrrrrr, should have left well enough alone.
Cobb released an update that allows you to put your Cobb tune back on, however the low coolant sensor would be ignored

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zormecteon

Wish I had seen this thread earlier. I kept putting off the recall because I was using the car, but the season is over and it is winter so I figured what the heck. 5 hours right? The car is currently at the third dealer to attmpt the fix, and has been there for 18 days and counting. They claim to have hacked into the wiring harness to splice in the sensor, and now the check-engine light is on. Probably never going to get the Cobb tune back on it after they are done with it! Grrrrrr, should have left well enough alone.
I took mine in. They had it for a week and couldn't unlock the mp215 tune. They're excuse was "the Ford Servers are down".. . Yeah like Ford would have it's servers down for three days-- in a row. I too gave up and have been leaving well enough alone. I'll talk to a different dealer when I have it serviced down in Portland.

My Fiesta has been at the dealer for one month as of today for Recall # 17S09. The check engine light is on and they dont know what's wrong and they cannot fix it. Ford is no help and the dealer has no clue. Word of warning: avoid this recall, Ford is not prepared for it and has not done sufficient testing or training on it. Check your coolant level yourself, or have the quick-change oil place do it.

CSM

1000 Post Club
My Fiesta has been at the dealer for one month as of today for Recall # 17S09. The check engine light is on and they dont know what's wrong and they cannot fix it. Ford is no help and the dealer has no clue. Word of warning: avoid this recall, Ford is not prepared for it and has not done sufficient testing or training on it. Check your coolant level yourself, or have the quick-change oil place do it.
My dealer did my recall in 2 days. No issues with CELs.