Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Powerflex engine mount bushing

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Dave has contacted Power flex in regards to this problem and they are going to be rolling out a Viton O-ring instead of the rubber one here soon enough. I just wrote Power flex tonight to enquire how much one is and if they are available yet...FYI.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #24
Viton is minutely more expensive. It’s oil and heat resistant rubber. The real solution lies in the ability to keep the slice from becoming non circular which calls for strength and durability. 👍

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Viton is minutely more expensive. It’s oil and heat resistant rubber. The real solution lies in the ability to keep the slice from becoming non circular which calls for strength and durability. 👍
... which I don't quite understand because you have to stretch it quite a bit to put it in place. If it can stretch that far -- far wider than the insert itself -- it could be displaced without breaking, right? Seems like Powerflex should provide a zip-tie designed for the insert (the generic zip-ties are a little wider than the groove in the insert).

koozy

3000 Post Club
... which I don't quite understand because you have to stretch it quite a bit to put it in place. If it can stretch that far -- far wider than the insert itself -- it could be displaced without breaking, right? Seems like Powerflex should provide a zip-tie designed for the insert (the generic zip-ties are a little wider than the groove in the insert).
Bingo. Safety wire would be best IMO, fits in the groove perfectly. That said, my zip tie has withstood stood the test. But if it let's go I'm ditching the insert for a Vibra Techniques or putting a safety wire.

Bingo. Safety wire would be best IMO, fits in the groove perfectly. That said, my zip tie has withstood stood the test. But if it let's go I'm ditching the insert for a Vibra Techniques or putting a safety wire.
Same here, but if I get one vibra mount im getting both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I first thought of using safety wire but then thought that if the insert did move the wire could slice it.
So, I took the other path of using a zip tie but I didn't like that the zip tie might move on the insert and defeat it's purpose.
My solution was to use a zip tie that was as wide as the insert, it is also slightly under the OEM rubber so the zip can't move.
Additionally, if the zip does ever need to be replaced, it can be without removing the mount.

Yes, I cut off the tail.

Flaco

2000 Post Club
I used a piece of stainless steel welding rod which was the same diameter as the o- ring. Brought it around the pineapple slice and twisted it like a twist tie on a loaf of bread. I just twisted it snug and then cut it and bent back a small amount of excess. Has held well for almost 2 years the mount has not moved out of place. 20190618_185512~3.jpg

Last edited: