Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Powerflex Motor Mount Inserts

All street bushings and mounts with CPE rmm. Zero nvh. Disclaimer: idle is at 950rpm because of the cams. [emoji847]
I had all CPE on my Mazda speed 3 and they were awesome but that’s some serious scratch for mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had all CPE on my Mazda speed 3 and they were awesome but that’s some serious scratch for mounts.

All I can say is my car feels solid and tight. I recommend changing out all stock mounts and bushings. Engine mount bushings go for it anytime. Suspension change out? Most definitely and you’ll kick yourself in the ass if you don’t because not only are the stock components trash, they wear out and cause sadness when they do. ❤️

danbfree

3000 Post Club
All street bushings and mounts with CPE rmm. Zero nvh. Disclaimer: idle is at 950rpm because of the cams. 🤗
Wow, I was at 900 and had it bumped down to 850, stock turbo/engine, to get down to almost nothing.. I bet with the cams you're used a bit of shake so it all blends in together now at the high idle. :)

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
All street bushings and mounts with CPE rmm. Zero nvh. Disclaimer: idle is at 950rpm because of the cams. [emoji847]
Stock idle wasn't so bad with the cp-e rmm but the shutter when I took of stuck in traffic made me switch mine out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Wow, I was at 900 and had it bumped down to 850, stock turbo/engine, to get down to almost nothing.. I bet with the cams you're used a bit of shake so it all blends in together now at the high idle. :)
Let me reiterate, the car has zero nvh. The only thing I feel at idle is the Thermal gurgling and there are no vibrations or shuddering anywhere in the rev range. Better than new 🤩

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Let me reiterate, the car has zero nvh. The only thing I feel at idle is the Thermal gurgling and there are no vibrations or shuddering anywhere in the rev range. Better than new 🤩
Nice, and that was what I meant to imply, that it all balances together perfectly, that's actually impressive!

XanRules

I did the Powerflex bushings last weekend and have a Cobb RMM. There is a very slight increase in NVH, barely noticeable, mostly at idle. The handling feel is vastly improved, the entire car feels more put together and confident. This is really a no-brainer upgrade.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I did the Powerflex bushings last weekend and have a Cobb RMM. There is a very slight increase in NVH, barely noticeable, mostly at idle. The handling feel is vastly improved, the entire car feels more put together and confident. This is really a no-brainer upgrade.
Absolutely, for $80 on both it transforms the car quite a bit, eliminates 90% of the torque steer, even with e30 TS is reduced about 80%... It's kind of strange how a car that has been out for 5 years doesn't have more than just an RMM recommended when these inserts combined at $80 likely helps even more!

I have them all and I couldn’t be happier with how unified the engine, chassis and suspension feels. The CPE rmm works and I don’t even know it’s there. 👌

I have them all and I couldn’t be happier with how unified the engine, chassis and suspension feels. The CPE rmm works and I don’t even know it’s there. [emoji108]
I beg to differ sir, seems you are very aware it’s there [emoji23]

I know this is an old thread but...
Just installed the black/race Powerflex inserts on both the driver and passenger side engine mounts.Very pleased with the way the car drives. Shifts great, tourque steer was pretty much gone even at full throttle second gear with my Nokian Hakkapelitas on. Can anyone who has the black/race inserts in their car speak to how they break in? The NVH is definitely noticeable over stock but more so than I expected and I was wondering if it mellows out over time. They have only been in the car for two days so they are still pretty fresh.
Thanks!

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Just installed the black/race Powerflex inserts on both the driver and passenger side engine mounts.Very pleased with the way the car drives. Shifts great, tourque steer was pretty much gone even at full throttle second gear with my Nokian Hakkapelitas on. Can anyone who has the black/race inserts in their car speak to how they break in? The NVH is definitely noticeable over stock but more so than I expected and I was wondering if it mellows out over time. They have only been in the car for two days so they are still pretty fresh.
Thanks!
Heck yeah, the difference in torque steer is awesome! Hopefully the race version breaks in more for you., I know my street ones, although not harsh of course, what vibes it does add definitely hasn't mellowed much at all in 20k with them in.... :-/

But what RMM are you using? It's definitely part of the equation too.. with even just the street inserts in, by using a stiff RMM like my Pwnall, it added even more weird vibes, like ones that go from 2200-2800 RPM that I don't get at all using any softer RMM at all, this is on top of the significant but not quite "harsh" vibes if I try to take off with little throttle. Confirmed with Pwnall, I'm the only one who has complained of those 2200-2800 RPM vibes, much less complained of any issues at all with his and only one who has the upper inserts...

Heck yeah, the difference in torque steer is awesome! Hopefully the race version breaks in more for you., I know my street ones, although not harsh of course, what vibes it does add definitely hasn't mellowed much at all in 20k with them in.... :-/

But what RMM are you using? It's definitely part of the equation too.. with even just the street inserts in, by using a stiff RMM like my Pwnall, it added even more weird vibes, like ones that go from 2200-2800 RPM that I don't get at all using any softer RMM at all, this is on top of the significant but not quite "harsh" vibes if I try to take off with little throttle. Confirmed with Pwnall, I'm the only one who has complained of those 2200-2800 RPM vibes, much less complained of any issues at all with his and only one who has the upper inserts...
I run a mountune rear motor mount which on its own didn’t really do any thing to NVH. With the powerflex parts in, On the highway I noticed very little up tick in vibration, slightly more drone but only if you concentrate on it. When I jumped in the car this morning it was about 30 degrees F and it the interior was super rattley but it went away once the interior got up to temp. The drone is very noticeable and slightly annoying at idle and between roughly 2500-3000 rpm. Higher on the tach, there’s definitely more vibration from the steering wheel but if I’m driving hard I’m not paying attention to NVH so I don’t really care.
Thanks!

Thanks!
I have the black passenger and driver side inserts and I feel like the did break in a little bit over the first few hundred miles.

I remember the first time I started up the car and was wondering if I had just committed to that level of NVH. Nah, it calmed down a bit and I'm really happy with them now.

I currently have a Cobb RMM, but planing on getting a stiffer one in there soon.

I have the black passenger and driver side inserts and I feel like the did break in a little bit over the first few hundred miles.

I remember the first time I started up the car and was wondering if I had just committed to that level of NVH. Nah, it calmed down a bit and I'm really happy with them now.

I currently have a Cobb RMM, but planing on getting a stiffer one in there soon.
Thanks for the information!

danbfree

3000 Post Club

Cobb and Mountune are the 2 softest aftermarket RMM's you can get. I think you both would see a pretty major increase in vibes and overall NVH if you moved to a stiffer RMM, having the black uppers is the perfect offset to having an RMM on the softer side, so fair warning... So, yeah, I guess mine did break in over the first bit of miles, but quickly settles in and doesn't get much softer over time though

Just some more feedback since I made some changes. I had all street PF bushings in all 3 mounts. I had the large insert fail in the RMM while not running the “B” inserts to try to minimize NVH. PF sent me a new one. Not long after that, the small insert in the RMM failed. I threw in a brand new stock mount after that. Even with a stock RMM, having the other 2 mounts with inserts still had that bassy engine sound while cruising at 2500-3000rpm that I dislike that I think I mentioned earlier in this thread. I’d be curious if it’s one or the other, or both equally that cause that.

While installing some Euro headlights, I decided to pull the inserts(that have about 7k mi) out. I’ve only driven the car a couple days now, but the reduction of idle vibration and that bassy rpm range is very apparent. Each person will want the car to feel and sound different, but for me it’s an improvement for how I like the car. If there’s a change for the worse in shift quality and torque steer, I’d say slightly worse, but only because I’m looking for it. Either minor or imagined, time will tell if I want to try others out. I’ll probably try the Vibra-technics at some point, especially if a stock mount fails.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
Just some more feedback since I made some changes. I had all street PF bushings in all 3 mounts. I had the large insert fail in the RMM while not running the “B” inserts to try to minimize NVH. PF sent me a new one. Not long after that, the small insert in the RMM failed. I threw in a brand new stock mount after that. Even with a stock RMM, having the other 2 mounts with inserts still had that bassy engine sound while cruising at 2500-3000rpm that I dislike that I think I mentioned earlier in this thread. I’d be curious if it’s one or the other, or both equally that cause that.

While installing some Euro headlights, I decided to pull the inserts(that have about 7k mi) out. I’ve only driven the car a couple days now, but the reduction of idle vibration and that bassy rpm range is very apparent. Each person will want the car to feel and sound different, but for me it’s an improvement for how I like the car. If there’s a change for the worse in shift quality and torque steer, I’d say slightly worse, but only because I’m looking for it. Either minor or imagined, time will tell if I want to try others out. I’ll probably try the Vibra-technics at some point, especially if a stock mount fails.
Do you still have your symposer? I seem to remember that being a bit bassy.

Do you still have your symposer? I seem to remember that being a bit bassy.
Yeah, it feels like the sound is coming from the symposer in that rev range. Some sort of resonant frequency thingy? Anyway, I love the way the inserts make the front end settle in and grip.