Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Premium Maintenance Plan?

Hey guys, didn't see a good place to put this. But I bought the ST because I wanted something newer and that wasn't broken every other week. I see that I can get the Ford Premium Maintenance until 2023 and up to 100,000 miles for $1770. Now this is with a 10,000 mile interval. They say everything from oil changes, to the clutch, and brakes are covered. Between oil changes, brake pads, etc, I may not hit $1770. But if God help me the clutch goes out before 100,000 miles somehow or I need struts or belts etc I have a feeling it may be worth it.

Does anyone have this plan or recommendations of its value? Also, is it really as good as it seems or do they find a way to dick you around on it? Also they say free oil changes, but the interval is 10,000 miles. Do they still do free oil changes after 3500 miles anyway? Thanks!

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I almost bought the maintenance plan but the math didn't add up and costs way too much for what you get. I do my own work anyways, so it was a no-brainer to decline it.

Considering there is a very small percentage of FiST owners with mechanical issues, I would think the maintenance plan is just another way for a dealership to make an extra buck. The basic warranty should cover any defective mechanical issues. The brakes will probably only need 2 maybe 3 sets of pads within 100,000 miles, and the oil should probably be changed at 5,000 mile intervals, not 10,000. I'm surprised that the clutch is covered under a "maintenance" plan though. That seems more like a warranty claim. A member on this forum was complaining about his clutch that basically shattered. It went soon after he bought his car (used) with only 20,000 miles and the dealership wouldn't honor the warranty.

I just bought my 2016 FiST yesterday - woot woot! - and as my first new car buy I stumbled into the Premium maintenance package. After reviewing the info further, I do think that what you receive is a margin below what the financial increase comes to. That being said, I have to go back to the dealer to get my side window visors installed next week, and was going to re-visit the maintenance plan. Does anyone have any experience revising once the papers have been signed? In the agreement, it does state I have 30 days to cancel the plan without penalty. I'm hoping it's a fair process, but not sure what I'm in for. But..based on my mini-thread hijack, I'd say for me it's not worth the continued service work and other bits and pieces (windshield chip repairs, road-side assistance, etc).

OP
N
Thread Starter #5
Well mine is a 2014 that I bought used. I don't think it matters if you buy the plan outright or you decide to wait a year. I could be totally wrong, but it sounds like the dealer might be pushing it on you like that to make a buck.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I just bought my 2016 FiST yesterday - woot woot! - and as my first new car buy I stumbled into the Premium maintenance package. After reviewing the info further, I do think that what you receive is a margin below what the financial increase comes to. That being said, I have to go back to the dealer to get my side window visors installed next week, and was going to re-visit the maintenance plan. Does anyone have any experience revising once the papers have been signed? In the agreement, it does state I have 30 days to cancel the plan without penalty. I'm hoping it's a fair process, but not sure what I'm in for. But..based on my mini-thread hijack, I'd say for me it's not worth the continued service work and other bits and pieces (windshield chip repairs, road-side assistance, etc).
I cancelled mine after the fact but it doesn't change the overall amount owed, but the amount of payments, if that makes sense.

Either way, I'd avoid it at purchase it at all possible if you're skeptical.

joesiris

like any time you buy a new car I was offered the ford extended service plan...now while usually I like warranties, service plans, or the like this one was $$. My normal payment was 280 a month, and with the plan 349. now this is 67 dollars more a month and after 72 months that's 4,824 dollars, wow. is it worth it, yeah, but when you do all your research online, do a build and price on the site, and guestimate taxes, tag and stuff like that you come up with roughly what my no warranty payment is. When your not some rich guy with cash to blow and you have a budget you may find yourself like me and declining the extended. the 3 year should be good enough right? or do they designs cars to only last that long. But you know what really gets me. The finance guy was super mean to me after I declined, saying things like "yeah that just happened" and "its your choice, a stupid one but your choice." the whole mood in the room changed, I seriously almost walked out, especially after the way he practically threw and snatched all the paperwork I had to sign at that point. to make it even worse while I was back out with the salesman (who was great by the way) I heard the finance guy in the managerial office going off on how stupid I was.

so a few years ago my dad bought a brand new jeep (manual tranny) and paid an upfront fee for a lifetime of the car warranty. well stuff broke, including his clutch, well guess what his warranty didn't cover that...had it been automatic it would of. recently his ac went out, not covered. so why did he pay for an extended warranty? so while this might not help you at all, some of me just felt the need to share my experience on this. kinda makes me feel good to get that off my chest to other FiST owners.

and you know what the extended plan was for 6 years which means if I wanted to mod (which I do) then id have voided it anyway....the mountune stuff I plan on doing soonish does not but later it would've happened. food for thought.

joesiris

Side window visors??? are these the louver type window stylings like youd find on a mustang? For the rear corner windows?

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
anecdotal evidence has me steering clear of extended warranties. the stories I've heard always begin with jumping through firey hoops. Plus I mod so warranties of any kind are pretty pointless. I guess if you plan to keep the car stock and don't mind rolling the dice on service claims then go for it. Just be sure your happy with a stock FiST. My guess is that if ur poking around this forum, you won't stay stock for long ;)

I got the plan but only because they offered it at the employee price. It is nice to just toss them the keys and not worry about the bill.

joesiris

No, no. Side window *deflectors: https://accessories.ford.com/side-window-deflectors-5-door.html. I like the look of them, and want to believe they'll make the car look a little wider.
oh I gotcha...a few weeks ago I was browsing the gallery and saw that user "FiestaDelDiablo" had these rear corner louvers. I thought they looked super cool, so I pm'd him where he got them but got no response. I cant find them listed anywhere so I wonder if they are custom...when I saw your post I got excited. but the deflectors are nice, I am also thinking of purchasing those.

I took it to mine to the Ford Dealer for the first 5k check. Basically an oil change and tire rotation and they never rotated my tires. While maybe that's not a big deal I kind of wonder what else they may have skipped. Paperwork says they did only they didn't; the front right was never moved or they did it twice. Kind of bummed to have to take it back and wait another 1 hour.