Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Proper coolant bleed procedure?

I would be really surprised if it hurt anything in that short period of time, but maybe over time those extra minerals could cause a problem. If it was me I would redo it with the proper distilled water just for peace of mind. It's clearly bothering you (at least four emojis worth), and it would also bother me, so the sooner you change it you can just know that now it's right. I change my coolant every 3 years, and that would be a long time to drive around wondering if there was something wrong in there which was causing an issue.
If you're adding any kind of water, I'm assuming that you are also using concentrated coolant which requires dilution, not pre-mix, correct?

Yeah, I was thinking the same about it staying in there for the long term and causing build up deposits or whatever issues can arise... I'm planning on installing a whoosh hybrid in a few months and def. want the peace of mind over the long haul.

I'm gonna drain and fill/burp the system 2x, using distilled water, to fully get everything out of the system and then I'll refill using a 60/40 or 50/50 mix and a bottle of water wetter. I live in San Diego so we never see freezing temps or anything...

I accidentally wound up buying the CONCENTRATED version of fords newer Yellow coolant for our cars which was what led me to using the bottled water I had laying around in my garage.

Thanks for the input!

Erick_V

Yeah, I was thinking the same about it staying in there for the long term and causing build up deposits or whatever issues can arise... I'm planning on installing a whoosh hybrid in a few months and def. want the peace of mind over the long haul.

I'm gonna drain and fill/burp the system 2x, using distilled water, to fully get everything out of the system and then I'll refill using a 60/40 or 50/50 mix and a bottle of water wetter. I live in San Diego so we never see freezing temps or anything...

I accidentally wound up buying the CONCENTRATED version of fords newer Yellow coolant for our cars which was what led me to using the bottled water I had laying around in my garage.

Thanks for the input!
See you're in San Diego, a place it doesn't freeze. FWIW I use a 75/25 mix with water wetter and it hasn't caused me any issues. After my track day with the Mountune rad I believe I touched 230 for a second after my 20-minute session on track and then easily dropped to 190-200 after the cooldown. I went like a bat out of hell from the start of the session as they moved me to the front, I hardly hit traffic. My brakes stopped working and almost sent me off at 80mph before coolant temp became an issue lol