Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Prospective buyer with a few questions

Hi there, I'm seriously interested in the Fiesta ST and I have a couple of questions.

First of all, is Performance blue pretty much blue or is there a hint of purple? The pics I've seen online are inconclusive (full disclosure: I'm 57, and I probably don't need to be driving a purple-ish car).

Secondly, how's the a/c? I've read thru the threads and haven't seen anything out of line so I'll assume it's OK. Being from Arkansas, with our gawdawful hot, humid summers, decent a/c is a must.

Thanks.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Hi there, I'm seriously interested in the Fiesta ST and I have a couple of questions.

First of all, is Performance blue pretty much blue or is there a hint of purple? The pics I've seen online are inconclusive (full disclosure: I'm 57, and I probably don't need to be driving a purple-ish car).

Secondly, how's the a/c? I've read thru the threads and haven't seen anything out of line so I'll assume it's OK. Being from Arkansas, with our gawdawful hot, humid summers, decent a/c is a must.

Thanks.
Welcome!!
I don't see any purple hue in the performance blue, but I may be wrong as I have a Race Red and am referencing pics also for the blue as well as seen a few in person. As far as the a/c, I live in Florida and I have no complaints with it. It gets pretty hot and humid here.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Its just metallic dark blue. I think the purple-ish blue you are thinking of is called Sonic Blue. I have no complaints on the a/c either.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Some people say my car looks blurpleish in the right lights but in direct sun it is Blue . Can't say about the Air as other than making sure it worked once I have never used it

The A/C can be somewhat weak for rear seat passengers when the temps break 100F, but I'm used to the freezer-grade air conditioning in my F250. If it makes a difference, I have a 10/13 production date. There is a slight hint of purple in the right light (usually dusk/dawn), as noted above, but in most situations, it is just blue.

Don't know about the PB color but the a/c works great. I live in South Texas which gets pretty darned hot. Worked great through last summer, no complaints here.

By the way, I'm 57 too, driving a Molten Orange. I love the color.

OP
McSwine
Thread Starter #10
By the way, I'm 57 too, driving a Molten Orange. I love the color.
Love the orange but I'm pretty sure the wife would divorce me if I show up in an orange car. She's gonna s**t anyway when I pull in the driveway in a tiny blue car (which will hopefully happen this week; I'm in the painful negotiation process with the dealer now).

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Once you go Orange you'll never go back.

Dave

Love the orange but I'm pretty sure the wife would divorce me if I show up in an orange car. She's gonna s**t anyway when I pull in the driveway in a tiny blue car (which will hopefully happen this week; I'm in the painful negotiation process with the dealer now).
What kind of car are you coming out of? I traded a Fiesta Se for the FiST. My wife doesn't really get the difference between the two. What she doesn't know won't hurt her. [wink]

OP
McSwine
Thread Starter #13
What kind of car are you coming out of? I traded a Fiesta Se for the FiST. My wife doesn't really get the difference between the two. What she doesn't know won't hurt her. [wink]
2015 Mazda6 Grand Touring, only a few months old. Before that, a 2012 GTI. The Mazda is a fine car, supposedly the best-handling family car, but it's still a family car. Coming out of the GTI, it was just too much of a change, too big and short on horsepower (needs at least another 40). I've got to drive something that puts a smile on my face, and I think the ST will do that. I just hope I'm not going (again) from one extreme to the other. Tragically, my wife will probably notice the difference between the 6 and the ST. [hihi]

I can honestly say the FiST is probably the most fun to drive car I've owned (and I've had some fun ones). As I was driving home today under beautiful sunny skies I kept telling myself "man I just love this car". Almost 5k miles on it and I haven't got over the thrill of ownership yet!

If you look at driving as more than just transportation but an experience in itself as I'm sure most on this forum do you won't regret getting the FiST. Good Luck! [twothumb]

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
The A/C can be somewhat weak for rear seat passengers when the temps break 100F, but I'm used to the freezer-grade air conditioning in my F250. If it makes a difference, I have a 10/13 production date. There is a slight hint of purple in the right light (usually dusk/dawn), as noted above, but in most situations, it is just blue.
My kids complain about it being hot in the back. The 3 times a year I put the AC on,
Lol. I'm in Florida, but I still use the sunroof a lot.