Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Prototype turbo inlet pipe

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Ok guys, I said I was looking into this on another thread and here is the prototype. Stainless steel, tig welded. 48mm at the turbo flange.

The stock inlet is 38mm with a hard 90* bend maintaining 38mm inside dia. Out to the stock sized air intake.

I still have to get the hardware up to attach it to the turbo if the stock bolts don't work ( I think they will ). The flange bolts need drilled out to correct size ( I didn't have and stock bolts around, lol ). Besides that, your pretty much looking at what it will be. $120 shipped in 48 states.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Razor, I'll send you datalogs if you want to help me tune it... Its not worth dynoing at 19.5-20psi... I'm trying to figure the ATR software out myself to get the boost back up, maybe I'm not being aggressive enough with my settings... Either way... I'm getting pretty much no help from the tuner right now ( He told me he'd be slow as he's moving or something for 2 weeks ), but he's basically gone MIA.

But besides that.... This in not really the thread to post in about that. I personally want to to run 23-25psi. On the topside, its def pulling harder for longer. And I have managed to tune it enough to drive like a stock turbo'd car now. It actually drives around AWESOME.

But even you said it yourself Razor, the stock inlet is a restriction even on the stock turbo.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I hope I am still on the list for this?

Dave

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
This will be for stock or my "Cyborg" turbo. So any turbo with a stock sized turbo compressor.
I don't have my mic here at home or I'd post some pics eith measurements, but... I'll post on some mor scary pics in a minute.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
I'm going to build 5 to start with. This one was just forcefully bought from me like the last turbo we built was, lol. Keep in mind, by the time the Pumaspeed gets to your door, its about $300, and i like this one more.

If you guys want to pre-pay and get on the list for the first 5. Just know its going to take around 3 weeks.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12

After these first 5 are sold, the price will go up a bit. Prob $150 shipped.

Is the pipe a restriction on the stock turbo before the turbo is modified? What size is the inlet of the stock turbo?

razorlab

1000 Post Club
Is the pipe a restriction on the stock turbo before the turbo is modified? What size is the inlet of the stock turbo?
Nothing is a restriction on the stock turbo other than itself, well nothing enough to spend $ on. It's so tiny.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
I'm going to build 5 to start with.
If you guys want to pre-pay and get on the list for the first 5. Just know its going to take around 3 weeks.

Pre-pay'd

Pre-pay'd
1.D1JL-Dave
2.wishes to stay un-named-person

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #17
That's like saying the intercooler isn't worth changing because its not a restriction on the stock turbo Razor...

razorlab

1000 Post Club
That's like saying the intercooler isn't worth changing because its not a restriction on the stock turbo Razor...
But it is. There is data to back up that adding an intercooler is a benefit on the stock turbo. I was being slightly dramatic in my post above, but that was the point.

Sure, you can add this while on stock turbo in prep for something larger. Wouldn't hurt I suppose.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Isn't the outlet diameter supposed to expand to full size over a longer distance like the factory one, ideally? It seems the outlet goes to full size over only an inch or so.

Just wondering what the caveats are (if any) with such a steep increase. I imagine it would cause the air charge to decelerate more rapidly than desired. Of course, it's likely better than dealing with an outlet elbow that's entirely too small, so I get that...

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
The biggest issue is the small size at a 90* bend. Its so small and a bend.