Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Prototype turbo inlet pipe

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
Is this something I may want if I go with a "coming soon" EFR?
I don't think so... I doubt it will fit a bigger style turbo. I don't think the aftermarket efr has the same type inlet flange.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
So basically just buy it and hope it's beneficial instead of wasted money?
Yep. I'm not going to dyno every shift knob, every rear wing, ever filter cleaner or every obvious improvement. Pumaspeed built one for a reason, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that all the new shiney air intake stuff that is $220-$350 is almost a waste if your pulling the air through a 1.33" inch inlet (during a 90* bend) right up against the turbo.

I'm also not pressuring anyone to buy one. I'm selling them because its obviously a huge improvement over stock, and it keeps every one that wants one from spending $300+ on one from puma speed.

Of course.... If someone wanted to prove it didn't help by buying it and doing well documented before and afters, that would answer the "how much will it gain/loose" on a dyno :)

Or... Better yet... I sell them for $250 with a dyno sheet? Sound better? Lol.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #28
Thanx Rodmoe ! No flange needed :) that would make things a lot easier, lol. All you have to do is upgrade the turbo :)

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Yep. I'm not going to dyno every shift knob, every rear wing, ever filter cleaner or every obvious improvement.
Why do you constantly get defensive when I ask or say something, but if someone else does it's no big deal? Aren't you part of the staff team?

You're making a part that's supposed to be performance-related, so it's not horrible for people to want to see some proof of gains before purchase. I've seen actual vendors sell intake manifolds under the same 'huge improvement' claims just to have a member later dyno the swap at <5hp.

Stupid tapatalk keeps cutting my post when I edit.

As stated above, I can't see this being overly beneficial. I would say to prove me wrong, but clearly you have no interest in doing that.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #31
I really don't have any interest. If I did, you wouldn't buy it anyway. Its not a big deal. Some people complain about the lack of aftermarket we live with, some people do something about it, and other just.... Complain.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I wouldn't buy it? How would you know that? I've replaced everything touching the turbo but the manifold and TIP and I only just rolled 5k miles. Anyone that knows me anywhere knows that I already have my upgraded turbo picked out.

I literally have no reason to complain, but I'm not throwing money at the staff just because they claim a part will be an increase. If anything, I'm even less-likely to purchase it simply because of your lackadaisical attitude towards showing legitimate data. You don't care if it works or not, you just need the money.

*Waits for yet another discussion to be censored*

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #34
Since you brought up money.... Every dime that is made off this product, goes to the builder, not me. Ask Dave... I'm still waiting on the builders paypal so Dave can pay. If it was me making the money, I'd send him mine right now.

He builds the product, he orders the materials to make them, he buys the expendables to form them. I offer them for sale to the guys on the forum to help forward the platform. So... No... I'm not just trying to make a sale. But this is like saying..... "We really need to test this 100shot of nitrous on a dyno to make sure it adds some power". Its so obvious to anyone with eye balls that its a restriction.

People pay $220-$350 everyday for a cold air intake that has a dyno attached to it ( which is normally rigged ). Those intake improve what? A slightly better bend from 2 1/4" to 2 1/2" ? A little better filter area?

This mor add nearly 40% more flow area inches away from the compressor inlet.

Only being completely illogical would say that it will not increase power and response.

When standing next to a guy that is 7'5" tall, we don't need a measuring tape to know that's he's taller than me at 6'2". Somethings are obvious.

Somethings.... I'm with you. We need dynos. Somethings.... Not so much.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Come one guys can we just keep things civil.

dyn085 you can probably see similar gains of this one and the one made by Pumaspeed.
http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-...tage-2-3-Hybrid-Fiesta-ST180-Turbos_16290.jsp
This makes sense, but it's marketed for a larger turbocharger inlet-not OEM. I'm not saying this would hurt performance but curious as to how much (if any) performance could be gained. I would believe that if this made a difference on the OEM turbo that they would market accordingly for increased sales.

What is the turbo inlet measurement? As was already stated, I'm pretty sure that that is the actual limitation.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #37
The stock turbo inlet is about
that big. Lol. Sorry. Didn't have the mic on me that day I guess, lol.

But is the compressor inlet size is the real limitation, then our stock air box and all the plumbing is incredibly over sized and should never be replaced.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
So about an inch and a half, or roughly 38 mm-which is the same size as the outlet of the TIP.

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
So about an inch and a half, or roughly 38 mm-which is the same size as the outlet of the TIP.
The 60mm pipe the tip connects to is super way too huge then... Ford really screwed up, they should have used 1 3/4" pipe from the turbo to the air box... At this rate, the air filter should last 500k miles too, since its surface area only needs to be a grand total of 38mm around, lol.

The more and more you debate it.... The more obvious it becomes, lol.

And yes... Puma speed was either wrong or europe got a bigger TIP than us. Ours is 1000% for sure 35mm

dyn085

2000 Post Club
The 60mm pipe the tip connects to is super way too huge then... Ford really screwed up, they should have used 1 3/4" pipe from the turbo to the air box... At this rate, the air filter should last 500k miles too, since its surface area only needs to be a grand total of 38mm around, lol.

The more and more you debate it.... The more obvious it becomes, lol.

And yes... Puma speed was either wrong or europe got a bigger TIP than us. Ours is 1000% for sure 35mm
Real mature.

No, it's not exactly like that. 'A' for effort though.

Edit: You edit with the quickness I see.

Final edit: There's no point in wasting my time with this as it was fully covered in posts #15 and #18. For those that were about to throw away $150 anyways, get on the list while you can before the price increases.