Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PSA: Check your warranty work over

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I know this may seem like common sense, but if you have a big job done, like an engine, turbo, or transmission replaced. Check your car over when you get it back, make sure its not leaking, make sure everything is tight, make sure the parts are seated in the right areas.

I trusted Ford to be able to re-assemble my car in its entirety when I had my engine replaced under warranty. When I received it back it was missing bolts, lines and hardware were not bolted down, wire harnesses were not re-attached. My lower ball joint bolts were not tightened and they fell out and caused an accident (just my car, no bodily injury). It was leaking coolant from the back of the head, and it was dripping oil all over my driveway. Completely unacceptable. After two months of having the car back I traded it in for a new 2019 to rid myself of the headache that it was causing and the constant downtime / visits to the dealership who repaired the car.

TL;DR - don't always trust the OEM to provide good service. Check your car over before you take delivery.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
So the dealer didn't do the work right and got rewarded with a new car purchase. Sounds like their evil plan worked... again.

OP
MagnetiseST

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
So the dealer didn't do the work right and got rewarded with a new car purchase. Sounds like their evil plan worked... again.
I guess I should specify that I bought the car from a different dealer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MagnetiseST

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
Sounds like you should have hired a lawyer, Jesus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did speak to two. They both told me since there was no bodily injury and the SM agreed to pay for the damages, it would have been more costly to hire them than to repair the car.