Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PSA, Focus SVT rear brakes.

At the rally this weekend I learned from one of the focus mechanics that the SVT Focus rear brakes many of us like as upgrades are also used on the Focus station wagons of the era. Pretty easy to find focus wagons in the junkyard vs the relatively unicorn SVT focus junkyard find.

The yard by me in BFE Bismarck had a bunch of wagons in there when I went looking for winter wheels. I am going to get back down there and pull a set of rear caliper carriers and confirm they are all good.

I know people sell the parts, GoldCoast etc but I bet this yard will charge me like $20.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I never noticed on the wagons but most Focuses I saw had drums in the rear.

Time to hit up the junkyards!

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

PunkST

2000 Post Club
There are foci with rear calipers that are NOT svt. Early advancetrac cars ( like my old one that i did an svt powertrain swap in) had rear discs. They are only 253mm. This was on a 2003 car. Later advance trac went back to drums for some dumb reason for 05-11. From 08-11 only the ses had rear discs. Which i think are the same 253mm. Just as a forewarning.

There are foci with rear calipers that are NOT svt. Early advancetrac cars ( like my old one that i did an svt powertrain swap in) had rear discs. They are only 253mm. This was on a 2003 car. Later advance trac went back to drums for some dumb reason for 05-11. From 08-11 only the ses had rear discs. Which i think are the same 253mm. Just as a forewarning.
100% correct. Any rear discs you find on a wagon are the tiny advancetrac ones and are not SVT sized.

Also to add, in 05-07 the only way to get rear discs was on the ST sedan, and that had advancetrac sized discs.

SVTs are super cheap now though and are getting junked en mass , just keep an eye out for one. Kicking myself because i passed two up in the junkyard in the months before i bought my FiST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
It would be great if someone made a kit that uses svt rotors, but 2012 focus rear calipers. ( did this on my old zx3) some nice big aluminum calipers would compliment a lot of bbks. But youd be stuck with 16" wheel minimum.

OP
Phishy
Thread Starter #7
100% correct. Any rear discs you find on a wagon are the tiny advancetrac ones and are not SVT sized.

Also to add, in 05-07 the only way to get rear discs was on the ST sedan, and that had advancetrac sized discs.

SVTs are super cheap now though and are getting junked en mass , just keep an eye out for one. Kicking myself because i passed two up in the junkyard in the months before i bought my FiST

Hmm.. I dont know but this mechanic said they are going after focus wagons in the yard and pulling the rears because they are the same as the SVT stuff. I dont know shit about focus anything much less the wagon variant. Maybe there is a high line trim that got the discs or bigger discs? I will get to my yard and investigate this in person.

Sorry for the bad info if I gave any.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
They are in for a rude awakening when the rotors are too big for the caliper brackets. Lol. Only SVT foci had the 280mm rotors and the taller caliper brackets needed.