Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PSA: Sync software update - EA5T-14D544-AD Gen2 - V3.8

I kept the USB with the file in the car for the last couple of days and every time I start the car it says upload complete. So I guess it's fine. Ha. Thanks for the help though.
Hi Kip2MyLou,

Sounds fine to me! Once the update is completed, the USB is no longer needed. Glad you figured it out. :)

Shaay

I updated Sync and noticed that the map display for navigation seems to have gotten significantly smoother, which is a welcome improvement. The only downside is that when the car starts up and was left on a radio station, HD or regular AM/FM, it won't play any audio unless I manually change stations. Is anyone else having this issue? I've already conducted the master reset by pulling the fuse per the owner's manual, and saw no change.

I updated Sync and noticed that the map display for navigation seems to have gotten significantly smoother, which is a welcome improvement. The only downside is that when the car starts up and was left on a radio station, HD or regular AM/FM, it won't play any audio unless I manually change stations. Is anyone else having this issue? I've already conducted the master reset by pulling the fuse per the owner's manual, and saw no change.
I am not having that issue. It does sound like software though.

Hey eveyone!

Glad to see you're all liking the update so far. Don't forget I'm here if you have any questions. :)

Shaay
Installed the update on my drive to work this morning. My entire navigation seems to have disappeared... Any ideas?

Im still trying to upload the previous update. When I connect the USB, the update doesnt start automatically like it should and when I select USB on the screen, I get a message about no media files found on device (something like that). When I open the USB file on my computer, it shows all the files on the stick......not sure what im doing wrong.........ideas?

Installed the update on my drive to work this morning. My entire navigation seems to have disappeared... Any ideas?
Hi 5nowman,

Send your VIN in a private message. I'll look into this for you.

Im still trying to upload the previous update. When I connect the USB, the update doesnt start automatically like it should and when I select USB on the screen, I get a message about no media files found on device (something like that). When I open the USB file on my computer, it shows all the files on the stick......not sure what im doing wrong.........ideas?
Guaji,

Are you installing the 3.8 update for the MyFord Touch system?

Shaay

Hello!

Yes...it's version 3.8. I first downloaded it to my USB, in early October. After I got the message saying something about no media files could be found, I erased it off the USB and downloaded the file again. Several attempts later, no joy. Same message on the MFT screen when I touch the USB icon.

Hello!

Yes...it's version 3.8. I first downloaded it to my USB, in early October. After I got the message saying something about no media files could be found, I erased it off the USB and downloaded the file again. Several attempts later, no joy. Same message on the MFT screen when I touch the USB icon.
Guaji,

The USB icon on the screen is for playing music. When you select it, SYNC searches the USB for music. The update is supposed to start on its own; however, there is a way start it manually. Select the GEARS icon>SETTINGS>SYSTEM>INSTALL APPLICATION. Let me know if this helps.

Shaay

Thisis the message i get when trying to install the update. When i connect the memory stick to my computer, i can see alla the files are on the USB. I must be doing something wrong........

Attachments

Thisis the message i get when trying to install the update. When i connect the memory stick to my computer, i can see alla the files are on the USB. I must be doing something wrong........
Hi 5nowman & Guaji,

I've received PM's from both of you, and I'll be looking into them soon. :)

Shaay

It's been a little while since I did it but I think that message comes up if you leave the USB stick in after a successful update. I went through settings, install apps to get it to install, and it really did take more than 20 min. If it is the case that you've already updated successfully though you will know. Like I said it took almost half an hour and rebooted like 5 times, doing a few files each time.