Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PSA: The MBRP 3" Exhaust is not 3" all the way through

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
could i get a shop to cut the end off the resonator and flare the exhaust and weld on a new flange?

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
could i get a shop to cut the end off the resonator and flare the exhaust and weld on a new flange?
Unlikely. You could do it but the baffles on the input side appear to be 2.25".

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
So replace the resonater section... that seems like a little too much

maybe ill call mbrp on teusday and ask if they could make me a resonater with the right parts on it

OP
I

iso100

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
That's certainly a possibility. Or just go straight pipe, haha.

me32

1000 Post Club
Im going with the Ford Racing exhaust. I cn get a gd deal on it. An exhaust is only as big as its smallest point. That being said 2.5" has shown to be more then adequate for these cars.
I would still like to hear it. I would be interested if the tone isn't bad an I like oem fit.

Siestarider

I checked my MBRP before mounting it. Yes, 2.25" inlet. But 2J DP has 2.5" outlet. For the difference of 0.12" lip at the junction between the two, I decided not to worry and hooked 'er up.

Siestarider

Wonderful idle, loud on the pedal, ok at cruise, big deep volume above 3000 rpm. Have to drive it a few weeks and see if I can live with it.