Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pumaspeed X-37 Hybrid Turbo Thread

Rhinopolis

Those are some kickass numbers. What's the elevation in Houston?
Technically my logs are recorded in Rosharon, TX and roughly 20 miles south of Houston. I don't know the exact elevation, but we're only 30 miles from the coast and so it has to be really close to sea level. This portion of TX is virtually flat as a pancake.....

Rhinopolis

The following link is where I got my data for my year FiST and for virtual dyno. My car was weighed this past May and I have that accurate data to enter, and then I enter 3.82 for the final drive.

Other than that I google search current temp, select SAE, record my datalogs on the exact same section of smooth flat road surface every time, and then I just enjoy looking at the differences between my runs.

For me it's not the final number that makes or breaks my impressions, it's tracking the differences in the power curve and power growth between the different stages of my build.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...America/US/2015_Specs/2015_FiestaST_Specs.pdf

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Where's [MENTION=1668]haste[/MENTION] with his review??
Gotta be more members with this set up now.

Also happy 4th to my fellow Muricans:)

The following link is where I got my data for my year FiST and for virtual dyno. My car was weighed this past May and I have that accurate data to enter, and then I enter 3.82 for the final drive.

Other than that I google search current temp, select SAE, record my datalogs on the exact same section of smooth flat road surface every time, and then I just enjoy looking at the differences between my runs.

For me it's not the final number that makes or breaks my impressions, it's tracking the differences in the power curve and power growth between the different stages of my build.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...America/US/2015_Specs/2015_FiestaST_Specs.pdf
FYI, I don't think you are supposed to use the SAE temperature correction as our cars are turbo-charged.

I have some virtual dyno numbers to throw out as well.

Before X37 - Cobb OTS Stage 3 93 octane - 193 peak HP (multiple runs in the same highway spot, all within 5 HP of this number)

After X37 - 269 peak HP on E30 (consistent numbers done in the same highway spot as above)

I am currently on revision 9 of the tuning process. Just about done I think. Hit 28 PSI this morning :)

I don't have that but I could probably get it once we start the tuning process. I'll mostly be running 93 but I do have access to 105 unleaded locally so there's a possibility of that in the future. As long as the tune gets somewhat sorted out I should have the car on an actual dyno next Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Make sure we are completely done with tuning before you hit the dyno.

LILIKE16ST

this turbo is just plain awesome! I am in love with it. It does for the FiST exactly what I want to be done to mine. it still has the low and mid range power that I love but yet it pulls way harder up top and you can take it to 7+k rpm with ease and it really puts the car on another level...and the price it can be had for is unbeatable. I was kind of thinking turbo upgrade in the far distant future might be something I would do (like as in after my 60 month loan is paid for (I am just now on my 3rd payment)) but now that I've seen the results from this at such an upbeatable cost I believe this is something I'm going to do in the not so distant future...as in within the next 1.5-2 yrs or so. I love everything about it and what it does and for what price it does it at. This is for sure the turbo upgrade for me. Does anyone think 280+ whp is doable with pump gas on this turbo with supporting mods (i.e. air intake, fmic, full 3 inch catless turbo back etc). If that isn't possible on 93 what would be a realistic number that could be attained on 93 with this turbo and full bolt ons? I'd like to hit 280 whp but it's not a have to thing if i'm well north of 260 in a 2600 lbs car (some weight reduction, light rims, etc) that should move out pretty good. I would like to be able to do 280 on pump gas. We don't have a lot of e85 sations near where I live but there is one that's just moved in about 25-30 miles from where I live. So doing an e-30 tune isn't out of the question and I might consider it if it makes a significant difference. Thanks to everyone for all the info on this new turbo option...I'm loving it!

antarctica24

Everything that just got tracking will get a second box and it will include all the gaskets. I overlooked them when I shipped them out because I was in such a rush to get them out. I walked out in the garage for the first time in 2 weeks and noticed a huge pile of OEM Ford gaskets laying there and I said "Oh cock...".

Sorry if it delays anybodies install!

Thank you!

Would of had a solid win and continuous pulling if there was some more wastegate spring there ;)
Adam check your email

Rhinopolis

I don't drive my FiST as often as I would like, and I took it to a work function yesterday evening (temps were near 100F), and then I got to romp on it after the event was done at 10pm and when temps were in the low 80's.

One thing that just hammers at me while driving the car is how ridiculous the power surge feels in 2cd and 3rd gear once past 5k rpms. In 2cd gear I can be moving along 4K-4.5k revs with traction being no issue, I hammer the throttle, the car gets going, and then a little past 5k the power surge kicks in and traction goes away as the tires start spinning...lol. It's fun and momentary but noticeable, and in 3rd gear it happens too but not nearly as much as in 2cd.

Here's a before and after Virtual Dyno graph taken on my not yet final tune revision, and it compares my car before and after X37 + catted MAP DP, and only 4 days apart. Same stretch of road and all data equal, and the point is to show the power that comes on past 5k not to broadcast final numbers.

I'm on E30.

Attachments

Rhinopolis

[MENTION=5247]alphanumeric[/MENTION]

Not 95 octane since I run E30, and I don't focus on the end number as much as I do the visible difference in how the power comes on and stays. It's felt while driving the car for sure [rockon]

Rhinopolis

6925 was the peak that I hit on that run, and then I up shifted to 4th, engine brake, upshift to 5th, and then turned off the datalog.

Attachments

Adam, I'm ready for the first tune for the x37. Please send me a baseline tune so I can drive the car to work. Looking forward to the tuning process.

What are you guys using for a gasket on the big bore inlet? The stock one has an o ring but nothing came with the stainless one.