Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Purge valve / tube PN for 2019?

Purge valve on my 2019 is toast.

D2BZ-9C047-E seems to be the part number for the earlier FiSTs. Looks similar but has an extra hose. I can’t find a reliable part self lookup tool online, and have already bought the wrong part once.

Before I go to the parts counter at the dealership does anyone have the right part number for the purge valve with hoses?

Thanks,
Peter

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Why not use TascaParts.com and use your VIN to insure you get the correct part.
If that still does not work, call them.

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
Why not use TascaParts.com and use your VIN to insure you get the correct part.
If that still does not work, call them.
That is exactly what I did and got the wrong part. With my vin Tasca listed a D2BZ-9C047-F. I bought it from Tasca and have had it sitting in the garage. Tried to install it today - no dice.

Purge valves seem like a consumable item on a FiST, hell- maybe I’ll get two once I get the right part.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Obviously return the wrong part.
I suggest you call Tasca again and ask for Steve Powel, he is more diligent.

OP
C
Thread Starter #5
No phone support from Tasca this week- they are short on employees and are not taking phone calls.

Anyone have a good experience with a different online Ford parts dealer?

OP
C
Thread Starter #7
Update...
I do not have a F2BZ9C047C to try yet. I got the part number via email from Matt at Tasca A few weeks ago. Placed the order online and put in my Vin number. Several days later I get an email from Amy at Tasca informing me that the part is not correct for my car (according to the vin). I email back with no reply. I then get a “second notice” email back from Amy asking me again if I want to proceed or cancel- I reply again...

To finish it off I get an email that my order is canceled. It seems impossible to communicate with Tasca via email or phone. They still have their phone lines closed due to COVID.

So I am in the same place I was. Car randomly idles funny. Maybe one of these days I’ll get a new purge valve...

OP
C
Thread Starter #8
I have installed a new purge valve in the car. Local dealership sold me the bare valve. C1BZ-9C915-A They couldn’t come up wit the entire assembly with tubes.

I cut the old one out, pressed some deburred 3/4” long sections of 5/16 steel fuel line in the plastic tube (to keep it from crushing when I slid a hose over it and clamped it.

Took a little time, a scrap of 3/8” fuel hose, scrap of 5/16” steel hardline and some clamps. So far so good!

Ford Community Posts