Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Quaife LSD on order:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I finally decided on which way to go, the Quaife or work with OS Giken to develop one for these cars which could of taken far longer and the cost for us all would be a bunch of money. In my research and getting feedback it seems the Quaife is a great match for our ATC system, it is what Ford is going to use in the RS so it has to work!

Another option was the Phantom Grip, not really an LSD, it puts pressure on the spider gears and I have had great experiences with them in my own installs but nothing long term to quantify it for a car I will drive for a great long time. They finally contacted me today to let me know something was available but that was right after I ordered the Quaife from PCA and I am sticking with it.

Now all I need is a bigger turbo, probably the 2jr radiator and deciding on a clutch and or flywheel upgrade, other than that all parts are here, on the car, on the way, etc..finally getting this thing on the road soon, 3+ months and still only 293 miles on it!

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Probably around $350

As mentioned I have used them, installed a few, ran them on the street, autocross, dirt, track, gravel, worked really well but no long term experience to report and not much info found on that issue.

Only failures I have ever seen where totally unsubstantiated when I tracked them down except on place I trusted but it was a very high powered hard driven car and that is not easy to say for sure it really was the unit as could of been many other issues involved, so I still did not completely believe it was the unit.

I was willing to put one in my car and then give feedback on it and updates over time but just never got a unit and moved on to the Quaife from PCA as know it is going to work now and being a mechanical instead of clutch there is no maintenance other than fluid changes. I just did not like that the Quaife will unlock if a wheel is off the ground and I am going to be doing that on track fairly often. Since the ATC works to keep it locked up and it seems very smoothly, it might just be the very best diff for us and again, going into the RS.......

I am familiar with the Phantom grip as well. Was an easy and less expensive alternative to true LSD for Honda's back in the day. Worked pretty good. I have not seen how well they hold up under lots of power though.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
The most power I ran was in the 250 WHP range bit pm a bit heavier cars, on slicks, on track, etc.....I helped install a few for others and never heard of an issue from them. They also are easier to install in that no setup is required to dial in the diff, stick it in place, pop off the retainers, bolt it all back up...and go have fun:)

I had the first 1ZZ turbo Matrix, ever, second fastest SM class car in SoCal which is saying a great deal for a nearly stock, sunroof, full interior, tall FWD in that class.

(disclaimer, I only took some thirds as never quite made a perfect or close to it run but still withing 1/100th of a second, closest to first was 1.5 seconds on a very fast 90 second course against and 8 time national champ in an M3, it was a very fast Matrix to say the least)

I would recommend a vendor here consider stocking them, for those that the higher cost units are simply not in the range they care to spend.