Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question about stock FiST font seats

nomadic

Anyone who has a FiST with the stock seats, do you know how how they compare to the a regular Fiesta.....if you sat in one?
I'm thinking about upgrading to an ST (from a regular Fiesta), but I find my Fiesta seats to be a little too short (bottom cushion). Wondering if the stock seat cushion is short on the ST as well.
Yes.....I can go to the dealer and find out for myself....which I will. Just thought I'd ask. I did drive a FiST with the Recaros (no stock seat one was available). I was not a fan of the Recaro seats at all.

Thanks for any feedback.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
The non-Recaro ST seats are pretty much a carry over from the regular Fiestas with a slight pattern change.

OP
N

nomadic

Thread Starter #6
The Recaros make you do situps and eat better
But what if I've been doing that for years? LOL
I just found them over-bolstered, not very comfortable, and over-sized for the car. Just not a good seat for me anyway. I'm 5'10, 175.

Do the stock FiST seats have adjustable lumbar support anyone know? Doesn't look like it in the pic.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I just found them over-bolstered, not very comfortable, and over-sized for the car. Just not a good seat for me anyway. I'm 5'10, 175.

Do the stock FiST seats have adjustable lumbar support anyone know? Doesn't look like it in the pic.
Not sure on the stock, but they don't on the Recaros, wish they did though.

Sheeet...I'm 6'0 205...but I do have to admit I am actively squooshing the side bolstering with my latissimus dorsi to get the seats to accomodate me bod...a long winter and inactivity besides shoveling, may have made me a bit wider...omg I think I need stock Fiesta seats!

My stock seats have lumbar support on the drivers side only...and it works pretty well for me.

OP
N

nomadic

Thread Starter #12
ok that makes sense since it does say on Ford's site that lumbar comes with the standard Fiesta seats. I'll have to sit in one. My Fiesta SE has no lumbar adjustment and for me the seats have too much lumbar support built-in. It pokes my back too much...I use a memory foam pad at the base of the seat which helps to eliminate the "curve". If the stock seats w/lumbar allow for considerably less lumbar (doubtful), hell that would give me a GREAT excuse to trade up for an ST :)

ok that makes sense since it does say on Ford's site that lumbar comes with the standard Fiesta seats. I'll have to sit in one. My Fiesta SE has no lumbar adjustment and for me the seats have too much lumbar support built-in. It pokes my back too much...I use a memory foam pad at the base of the seat which helps to eliminate the "curve". If the stock seats w/lumbar allow for considerably less lumbar (doubtful), hell that would give me a GREAT excuse to trade up for an ST :)
I think you will like the ST drivers seat lumbar flexibility...time to trade up!

I don't have Recaros as I bought my car on a whim as the focus st was not my bag. Wish I could have optioned my car instead of buying it off the lot but yes the stock seats have adjustable lumber support. One thing going I found with mine and I picked mine up September 15th of 2013 so it was a first production run car....The lumbar brace has started making a popping sound and feeling when I push against it when driving. Messes with my mind all the time. Really annoys me along with the other rattles and creaks...guess this should be posted on the Official rattle and creaks thread but just a heads up before you plop on a base car.