Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question for those that have the Ford ST200 box

So I have a 19 and although would like a full intake want to keep it looking as stock as possible but would like more sound and if any bump in HP that is a plus. I have a panel filter but was thinking a easy install would be the ST box.
So a couple questions for those that did the swap.
1) Is it as easy as it seems it would be or is there some gotchas.
2) Does it make any difference in the sound or any extra HP having that extra hose for cool air or should I just stick with the crossover pipe upgrade and call it a day LOL.

Thanks guys in advance.

1) It is pretty easy to install. Only catch is that warm plastic is needed. Don’t try to wrestle it cold.

2) It is still pretty quiet

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Well that is a great video I give it 2 thumbs up sir. So Headlight removal looks to be a must?
Yes. You will find with this car removing the headlights are a common practice. They open up a lot of room. Not hard to do at all and one of the forum members even made a video on how to remove the headlight without cussing.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I've removed mine many times. Just be patient. It's only 2 screws and 1 push pin. Pop the rear section up first and slide out the front of the light towards the rear of the car and up as you go further rearward. You basically take them out to install the ST200 intake from Whoosh or any time you replace a bulb whether headlight, foglight or turn signal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Easy install, just keep in mind that EVERY part of that kit except the bottom of the box and the hose, is a duplicate of the ST180 parts. Including the MAF sensor that comes with it. It all looks stock because it is stock. Any performance gains may just be from the cooler air source if you route the hose somewhere special, but I doubt it since the top of the intake is air from in front of the radiatior, the hose routing would be next to the radiator, not sure if there's much of a difference but perhaps in slow traffic.

OP
vmaxbaby
Thread Starter #9
So maybe I should look into the big mouth scope and not spend $200 dollars for the same box that just has a tube connected to it ? Hate that the newer fiesta changed the pvc system or wish someone just made a cai they worked without needing to spend more money to redo the pvc system :(

Spork1569

So maybe I should look into the big mouth scope and not spend $200 dollars for the same box that just has a tube connected to it ? Hate that the newer fiesta changed the pvc system or wish someone just made a cai they worked without needing to spend more money to redo the pvc system :(
Some people also make a DIY intake by cutting open the stock airbox if that's something you're willing to try to aide with more airflow. Combined with a bigmouth should be more than enough.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
It's NOT the same as the stock box. The people saying this likely don't own one and have never even seen it. It IS a plastic version of the Mountune box. The only part the two boxes share is the lid. I love that people commented have likely not even tested scientifically the differences between the boxes or the Big Mouth. It's all just keyboard engineers.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The st200 airbox is the absolute best air box out there to not pull hot air in. The second hose goes in the fog light area it pulls in absolutely no hot air. If anyone thinks a short ram intake basically a tube with a filter on the end is better it is not. Those heat soak and suck in hot engine heat.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Mikey456

I cut a approx 2.5 diameter inch hole at the bottom of the air box. The stock box is long goes pretty close to the bottom of the engine. The ST200 box is shorter, but the hose goes lower. Up to you if it’s worth it. I would worry about the big mouth intake in the rain. Maybe some guys seal it off somehow when its wet outside.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I cut a approx 2.5 diameter inch hole at the bottom of the air box. The stock box is long goes pretty close to the bottom of the engine. The ST200 box is shorter, but the hose goes lower. Up to you if it’s worth it. I would worry about the big mouth intake in the rain. Maybe some guys seal it off somehow when its wet outside.
I live in Florida and it never caused any concern, look and see what path it takes.

Sent from my SM-A205U1 using Tapatalk

It's NOT the same as the stock box. The people saying this likely don't own one and have never even seen it. It IS a plastic version of the Mountune box. The only part the two boxes share is the lid. I love that people commented have likely not even tested scientifically the differences between the boxes or the Big Mouth. It's all just keyboard engineers.

I have both, all same part numbers even, same dimension of the inlet after the filter. Bottom part of the box under filter has a hose connection in addition to the same dimension inlet to the front of the car.

OP
vmaxbaby
Thread Starter #16
I am planning on the big mouth never had heard if it really makes anymore power but I figure it doesn't make any less and it looks good so worth doing while the bumper is off for a IC.

for those with the ST200 box
we have these ducts being made up now in a nice selection of colors too

can be used for ST200 or any air feed to your intake or to the front brakes for cool air

Is this to replace the driver's side fog light?

for those with the ST200 box
we have these ducts being made up now in a nice selection of colors too

can be used for ST200 or any air feed to your intake or to the front brakes for cool air

What does it look like from the front of the car?