Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Questions about MR230...

I am currently running the Mountune MP215 on my 2016 Fiesta ST and really like it but... tuning is addictive and am really curious about the MR230 specifically.. To those of you have it on your cars, My questions are these.

1: Is it to much power for the car? Is the car overwhelmed without an LSD and all the power? Does it overwhelm other components like the clutch?
2: Is the exhaust really droney? I daily drive my car and take it on a lot of road trips. Will people in the back seat hate the drone on a long highway slog?
3: Is MR230 worth the money?

Thanks!

To answer your questions:
1: The fiesta can definitely handle the power, there isn't much to worry about with other components as it still is a pretty conservative locked tune. Without an LSD there will be a lot of wheelspin but it is totally manageable as soon as you are out of first and second gear.
2: The mountune exhaust is probably the quietest on the market so drone is nothing to worry about. The only thing the people in back will hate is the lack of room back there ;).
3: In my opinion since the MR230 doesn't have the advantage of being warranty friendly like the MP215 tune does you can save a lot of money by making your own MR230 kit and just getting a custom tune from Randy at Mountune (or any preferred tuner). You could definitely save a lot of money and buy some less expensive parts and make the same if not more power for less. And less expensive doesn't mean you loose quality either. You could also go with an exhaust like the resonated Milltek catback which will sound great but not too loud and be less restrictive.

Last edited:
OP
drewcrolwey
Thread Starter #4
To answer your questions:
1: The fiesta can definitely handle the power, there isn't much to worry about with other components as it still is a pretty conservative locked tune. Without an LSD there will be a lot of wheelspin but it is totally manageable as soon as you are out of first and second gear.
2: The mountune exhaust is probably the quietest on the market so drone is nothing to worry about. The only thing the people in back will hate is the lack of room back there ;).
3: In my opinion since the MR230 doesn't have the advantage of being warranty friendly like the MP215 tune does you can save a lot of money by making your own MR230 kit and just getting a custom tune from Randy at Mountune (or any preferred tuner). You could definitely save a lot of money and buy some less expensive parts and make the same if not more power for less. And less expensive doesn't mean you loose quality either. You could also go with an exhaust like the resonated Milltek catback which will sound great but not too loud and be less restrictive.
Thanks for the input! Exactly the kind if of answers I was looking for