QuickJack has arrived!

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Member ID
After at least a month of reading all kinds of auotmotive forums, I finally settled on the QuickJack BL-5000SLX. Cost me $1,449 from Summit and arrived in less than a week.

I was going to go with the 3000 at first but my wife's Mazda 5 weighs more than that. Plus my son still hasn't bought his first car so the larger unit covers anything we'll ever own.

My garage is really narrow so jacking a car up is a time consuming pain in the ass. This will be life changing. Have a bunch of work to do on the Mazda and for the first time, I'm actually looking forward to it! Can't wait. I'm at work now and won't get to play until much later tonight.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Member ID
Congrats! I'm jelly, I've wanted one of those things for a while now. Let us know how she does.

HBEcoBeaST

Member ID
The next best thing to a permanent hydraulic lift. Congrats. Working on your cars will be awesome!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Member ID
The next thing that compares to this but is $200 dollars more is the maxjack which is also pretty sweet. It supports 6000lbs.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Member ID
That's sweet . definitely need to consider this at my age.

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Member ID
Thread Starter #9
The next thing that compares to this but is $200 dollars more is the maxjack which is also pretty sweet. It supports 6000lbs.
The MaxJax was absolutely on my list but it required I validate the concrete in my garage is at least 4" deep. Not a problem. But the concrete itself also has to have a strength rating of 3000PSI. After a bunch of research on concrete strength i opted not to take the risk. But believe me, the MaxJax was my first choice. Not that i'm upset with my final decision.

I wasn't able to assemble it last night as i got home around midnight. I unboxed it though. I had read horror stories on other forums about the packaging arriving all beat up and damage occurring to the lift but mine was perfect. Boxes were intact and there isn't a single blemish on the lift components. The setup is HEAVY and VERY sturdy. The instruction manual is of high quality with thick glossy paper bonded like a school book with large quality pictures and tons of details. I may not be able to get to it until Thursday though. Why do things always seem to get busy when i have a toy waiting for me to play with? ;)

Member ID
Subbing to thread.

I'm interested in how these look and work. Post more pics once you get it up and running!

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
Member ID
Just here for the Quickjack.

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Member ID
Thread Starter #12
Very cool! I'm currently debating between the 3000lb quick jack vs. four of these safe jacks.
Those safe jacks don't look very safe to me. I don't like how there's a weld at the bend point of each leg. Although there's probably nothing to worry about that would be in my head the whole time I'm under the car. And those would still need a floor jack which is my nemesis in my narrow garage. My plan with the QuickJack is to still use 4 truck jack stands as a back up. I'm paranoid af. My old method was after the jack stands were in place, i would place the jack back on the car on the side i was working on and then place the wheels under the car as well.

i just realized i now have ramps for sale haha

Member ID
Hmm, I guess it depends on the quality of the weld. But I understand your paranoia. If I have my car on jack stands with all wheels off, I'll slide the tires under the corners...just in case. Even the Max Jax makes me nervous. QuickJack seems like the safest design out of this group.

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Member ID
Thread Starter #15
Been really busy with my house but I managed to grab a few pics of my car clearing the lifts. I'm dropped on MeisterR coilover and while it was close, I cleared without issue. Full review to come.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Member ID
I have this 5000lb quick jack and love it! There are pictures of it on my Instagram [MENTION=5062]dross93ranger[/MENTION]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Member ID
My plan with the QuickJack is to still use 4 truck jack stands as a back up. I'm paranoid af.

I don't blame you one little bit!! [nono]

When one hears of/sees all of the horror stories, which could have been prevented with a little useful "paranoia", there is no such thing as 'too careful' as concerns this topic. ;) [thumb]

OP
LilPartyBox

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Member ID
Thread Starter #18
I did some work on my girl this weekend and got to finally use it on the FiST. Made a vid and took a few pics. Can't say enough good things about working with a lift. I'm never going back to a floor jack!

https://youtu.be/rLAxP_Rxug0

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CSM

1000 Post Club
Member ID
I did some work on my girl this weekend and got to finally use it on the FiST. Made a vid and took a few pics. Can't say enough good things about working with a lift. I'm never going back to a floor jack!

https://youtu.be/rLAxP_Rxug0

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
That looks great! I hope to get one of these one day when I have a garage again. Is there anything difficult with the delivery/installation/setup process?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Member ID
CONGRATS!! [thumb]

I know that some day I will have to get these lifts as well since my garage (whenever I am able to use it again [:(]) is about that tight as well. [mad]