Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Quiet 3" muffler?

haste

1000 Post Club
I thought sound pressure levels rather than frequency were more critical to hearing damage?

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I thought sound pressure levels rather than frequency were more critical to hearing damage?
That’s true, but if the pressure is at a frequency you can’t hear then you won’t recognize that the reason you’re yawning is trying to alleviate ear pressure. Ever get out of a really loud car trying to make your ears pop by yawning? It’s an autonomic response to excessive sound pressure. It’s like staring at an infrared laser - it’s burning your retinas but since it’s outside the visible spectrum your body doesn’t do it’s typical blink reflex.

dmb

Thanks Clit, [how many times have I thought that] for the hearing information. too bad i'm 40 years too late, all them years Top fuel cars, semi trucks with duel stacks with no mufflers have left me deaf in the left ear and 50% in my right. people don't realize that you need two ears to hone in to find the ringing phone, look where the siren is coming from, or someone calling you. also you have a better chance of being a crime victim if to can't keep a ear out. If I go to a party I can't converse because with One working ear its just all noise. old trucks were very loud back then and now the price is being payed. real hearing aids are very expensive and some people can't get used to them. you will find it hard to move up in a company too. take care of your self and your loved ones. The one Dewey Weber long time So.Cal surfer and board maker said before he died ''I should have treated my body like a temple instead of a amusement park'' How right you were R.I.P. bro.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
Thanks Clit, [how many times have I thought that] for the hearing information. too bad i'm 40 years too late, all them years Top fuel cars, semi trucks with duel stacks with no mufflers have left me deaf in the left ear and 50% in my right. people don't realize that you need two ears to hone in to find the ringing phone, look where the siren is coming from, or someone calling you. also you have a better chance of being a crime victim if to can't keep a ear out. If I go to a party I can't converse because with One working ear its just all noise. old trucks were very loud back then and now the price is being payed. real hearing aids are very expensive and some people can't get used to them. you will find it hard to move up in a company too. take care of your self and your loved ones. The one Dewey Weber long time So.Cal surfer and board maker said before he died ''I should have treated my body like a temple instead of a amusement park'' How right you were R.I.P. bro.
top fuel cars - ok so you know the yawn im talking about! "IT HURTS MY INSIDES WHY AM I YAWNING"

Oof that tsudo exhaust has really short resonators; that means its only cancelling high frequencies and everything on the bottom-end is untouched. That muffler case is, what, 12" long? so that's a 48" wave length which means... that system does *nothing* to drop or cancel frequencies below 280ish hertz. The "drone" that causes the body of the FiST to resonate like the body of a guitar is around 107hz. That means that no matter what you do, you're not touching that 107hz range. Honestly you're going to wind up replacing both the muffler and the resonator to stop that system from droning - it probably sounds meaty as hell but I can only imagine the weird oscillating sound you probably get around 3200 rpm.
I made the big mistake of buying this exhaust. The only time that it doesn’t drone horribly is cruising or wot near redline. The decel drone is insane as well. I painted the silencer black so it isn’t so hard to look at and currently use it full time. Do you think a beefy resonator would at least make it bearable?