Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Radiator fan high speed mode not working.

Help !!

My radiator fan will not switch into "high speed" mode... At the end of summer there were a few hot days where I checked the temperature after driving home from work and I found it at 101 degrees Celsius more than twice, I switched on the air-conditioning (I don't use the A/C much while driving myself) and the fan will not kick into high speed mode like it always use to.

I swapped the relays over with the heated windscreen and no change in either, no fuses appear to be blowen. Today I went for a drive came home temp was 97 degrees Celsius I switched a/c on temp raised to 99 degrees Celsius I looked at the fan with engine running and it was spinning so it's working but only low speed..

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

OP
METZGER
Thread Starter #3
No. Only thing I have added is an oil catch can. Other than that it's 100% stock. I'm also the first owner.

OP
METZGER
Thread Starter #6
76000km
About 47000 miles

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
As stated above....you could test the fan motors to be safe....But ill put money on its a Fan control module.....I tell you what....Ill bet you a shoey!

OP
METZGER
Thread Starter #8
Thanks, I seen that module when I was looking down at the fan, guy at work said they fail in the Mazda's too. I guess that's the only possible cause now.

OP
METZGER
Thread Starter #9
These photos are from when it was warmer at the end of summer. Yea hope they don't cost to much for the fan control modules...

OP
METZGER
Thread Starter #11
I will as it definitely has to be fixed before summer! Definitely don't want to let ford get their hands on the car if I can help it, they want to charge me $160AUD just to look at it.

I only guessed the milage sorry but in the photos it says 77000km so it's more than that now lol not by much tho..

OP
METZGER
Thread Starter #12
Still can not find what's causing the problem. I swapped relays same numbers on the heated windshield relay no change in either... Now I'm thinking it's either the control module or maybe the coolant temperature sensor could be faulty..

Ford don't sell the module separately (typical) and I have to buy a whole fan setup shroud and all with the module included. But pointless unless I know for sure that's what's the problem.

OP
METZGER
Thread Starter #13
As stated above....you could test the fan motors to be safe....But ill put money on its a Fan control module.....I tell you what....Ill bet you a shoey!
Actually I can see the fan is going with engine running. Just won't switch into high speed mode like it always use to...

When we won Block Island Race Week Class A one of the crew drank Mount Gay rum and tonic out of his boat shoe. He had raunchy feet. He then proceeded to puke his guts out. Then he had a Mounty out of glass. Fun times [drinking]

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Still can not find what's causing the problem. I swapped relays same numbers on the heated windshield relay no change in either... Now I'm thinking it's either the control module or maybe the coolant temperature sensor could be faulty..

Ford don't sell the module separately (typical) and I have to buy a whole fan setup shroud and all with the module included. But pointless unless I know for sure that's what's the problem.

I had this same issue and it was the module. I then broke a fan later and actually have an extra module. $60.00 shipped and it's yours. I had burnt up my module by not connecting the large ground going to the transmission [emoji2359]. Anyways good luck!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
METZGER
Thread Starter #16
Hi, yea every time I ask ford about it they have never heard of this problem. What condition is the module you have to sell? What country are you in?

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Hi, yea every time I ask ford about it they have never heard of this problem. What condition is the module you have to sell? What country are you in?

Yeah every mechanic I talked to was stumped. I was told by everyone I needed a relay that didn't exist lol. Its brand new and unused it was removed from a new fan assembly and put in a box incase I burnt another one up. I kinda got rid of my fist so it's useless to me

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk