Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rapid Clicking Fiesta ST on Start-Up

Hi All,

Curious to see if anyone has had this problem. Couple days ago I started my Fiesta ST (2014) up and it made a clicking noise coming from behind the dash. Now I have already had the common blend door actuator clicking problem and fixed it pretty easy. That was a slow click that happened every time I started the vehicle. This is a rapid clicking noise (lasting about 10 seconds) that only happens when I have the windshield defroster on or the auto temp is on (which I assume activates the defroster). Now I haven't dug into the dash to and replace the HBDA again but I thought I would ask the community to see any input before I get back into that cramped space.

Thanks everyone.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That might be the little fan behind that small vent near the start button which I believe is the intake for the auto temp setting sensor.

Mine will make this same noise you are speaking about every once and awhile when I switch to the defrost mode, and yes, that rapid fire clicking lasts approximately 10 seconds.

Someone who knows (much) more about this than I will chime in soon, hopefully.

Blend door actuator is the part name. It goes bad very often in the Fiestas and I've replaced mine about 4 times both sides in the dash. They are about $20 bucks from rock Auto and or Amazon and about 30 min to install with a torch 15 or 30 bit. Tons of videos on youtube