Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear bumper hump after body shop repair, is it normal?

Hump appeared in the bumper, right below license plate, several months after body shop repaired the car from a rear-end collision. Brought it back and they said it was "normal" due to summer weather and there was nothing they can do about it. There is an air gap, you can push the hump down until it meets the reinforcement, and it looks flush with the door gap. I don't believe this is normal, as the body shop insists. Is there a fix?

I’ve yet to take off my rear bumper, so I cant say how the fiesta’s look, but usually there are brackets in the rear body that help hold the bumper in place from the gate for the gap. It’s possible it’s sitting on top of the bracket instead of in between it. I work in a body shop, so unless that bumpers been fixed in that spot, that’s what I’d believe would be the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnetic

Something was definitely not done right there! I live in Arizona and it gets to 120+ some summers and I've never seen my car do that. Don't let them BS you.

pull the bumper and see whats underneath. Odd that its warping in the heat but maybe they didnt use an OEM cover, or theres something "interesting" in the repair back there. could also be that the whole bumper is sagging but that spot is caught on something (even though the above pic shows nothing there)