Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rear Seat Delete and weights

I had them out and in my apt within 20 mins. All you need is the torx bit on a socket wrench and a flat head screwdriver. Very quick to pull them out, and the back floor.
This is what I wanted to hear!!! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I had them out and in my apt within 20 mins. All you need is the torx bit on a socket wrench and a flat head screwdriver. Very quick to pull them out, and the back floor.
^^^This.

But, getting the two outside passenger belt assemblies completely out of the car does take a bit more time, although if you have kids, and are putting the seats right back in after the track day, it would be easier to just leave them in the car. ;)

^^^This.

But, getting the two outside passenger belt assemblies completely out of the car does take a bit more time, although if you have kids, and are putting the seats right back in after the track day, it would be easier to just leave them in the car. ;)
It's true….I think that many customizations should be done only in a car used for Track days...otherwise deleting some safety component like the seat belts means to spend lot of time in replacing..[:)]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's true….I think that many customizations should be done only in a car used for Track days...otherwise deleting some safety component like the seat belts means to spend lot of time in replacing..[:)]
I don't use the car for track days/open tracking (at least not yet), but my kids are fully grown with cars of their own, and I will never carry rear seat passengers, so my car is 'semi-gutted' (just that rear side plastic trim, and the rear door panels remain) from the front seats back, even for daily driving use, so the rear belts can remain out of the car permanently. [wink]

Mikey456

For a track car it would be neat to see rear carbon fiber doors on the FiST. I think I saw a EVO with carbon fiber rear doors before. Probably one of those Time Attack cars. That with carbon hood and hatch would be the ultimate lightweight. I don’t think they make them for our cars though. Just curious how light someone can make our cars.

For a track car it would be neat to see rear carbon fiber doors on the FiST. I think I saw a EVO with carbon fiber rear doors before. Probably one of those Time Attack cars. That with carbon hood and hatch would be the ultimate lightweight. I don’t think they make them for our cars though. Just curious how light someone can make our cars.
Our cars in race trim are about 2600lbs loaded. That was with a spare and gear, underbody protection, etc. Probably without that, it would be well below 2500lbs. Keep in mind, this is a caged car. The rear doors weight next to nothing once they are gutted. With lexan windows, they weight less than 20lbs. Carbon may save another 3-4lbs. Same with the hatch. Most of the weight savings on those parts come from replacing the glass with the lexan. On the RS we are building, we would save less than 30 pounds by switching the rear doors and hatch to carbon for the price of $3800. We have minimum weight for the Focus and have to run ballast anyways. On the Fiestas, we don't, so can do more. I would wager you can get down to 2300lbs without a cage and super aggressive weight reduction.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Our cars in race trim are about 2600lbs loaded. That was with a spare and gear, underbody protection, etc. Probably without that, it would be well below 2500lbs. Keep in mind, this is a caged car. The rear doors weight next to nothing once they are gutted. With lexan windows, they weight less than 20lbs. Carbon may save another 3-4lbs. Same with the hatch. Most of the weight savings on those parts come from replacing the glass with the lexan. On the RS we are building, we would save less than 30 pounds by switching the rear doors and hatch to carbon for the price of $3800. We have minimum weight for the Focus and have to run ballast anyways. On the Fiestas, we don't, so can do more. I would wager you can get down to 2300lbs without a cage and super aggressive weight reduction.
That's not O'Neil's old Focus RS is it (or are you building this RS for open track/road racing, and not rallying)? [dunno]

Mikey456

Oddracing
Do u have some pics of your team’s race cars or a website of your Fiesta/ Focus st/rs builds? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Neither? The O'Neil Focus was very basic, just bolt on parts. We are building our car to the limits of the L4WD rules for ARA.
I was hoping that you were building it to the limits of O4WD, sequential and all!
(But yeah, that involves STUPID amounts of coin.)

Reiger suspension though?

I was hoping that you were building it to the limits of O4WD, sequential and all!
(But yeah, that involves STUPID amounts of coin.)

Reiger suspension though?
We are running a Sadev sequential driveline, that is permitted in L4WD. We like the challenge of staying within the L4WD rules and able to beat the R5 competition. The suspension will not be Reigers. We are working with a company we are not ready to announce yet!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
We are running a Sadev sequential driveline, that is permitted in L4WD. We like the challenge of staying within the L4WD rules and able to beat the R5 competition. The suspension will not be Reigers. We are working with a company we are not ready to announce yet!
COOL, I thought that sequentials were absolutely VERBOTEN in the limited classes. [???:)]

Let us know if that company is ever going to do anything for the FiST which does not slam it to the ground, like everything else for this car currently. [:(]

Anyone install a single flat panel closeout to cover up the whole rear seat and trunk area?
Anyone install a single flat panel closeout to cover up the whole rear seat and trunk area?
I made one. The frame is of thinwall aluminum extrusion tube. The mild steel standoff brackets are attached to the floorpan at the seat attachment bolt pointsThe floor is 1/8 underlayment with automotive carpet on four removable panels.the largest panel is over the spare rim stowage.
The dead space is populated with a storage bin on the forward left side. The forward right side holds a high volume 12v Superflow air compressor and hose. I also added a 12v PowerPoint and 1.5 amp USB to the floor at about Midway on the left side of the cargo floor. There are also four cargo tiedown hardpoints in it that are not visible in the image. I don't think that a single panel design would be a good idea. Multiple panels allow more convenient access.
lbFn0bx.jpg

Last edited:
There was a post in here that the carbon hatch saves roughly 17lbs with the wiper and hardware removed, last I know, no one made carbon doors for us? I could see 2300’s being a possibility with extensive weight savings

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I made one. The frame is of thinwall aluminum extrusion tube. The mild steel standoff brackets are attached to the floorpan at the seat attachment bolt pointsThe floor is 1/8 underlayment with automotive carpet on four removable panels.the largest panel is over the spare rim stowage.
The dead space is populated with a storage bin on the forward left side. The forward right side holds a high volume 12v Superflow air compressor and hose. I also added a 12v PowerPoint and 1.5 amp USB to the floor at about Midway on the left side of the cargo floor. There are also four cargo tiedown hardpoints in it that are not visible in the image. I don't think that a single panel design would be a good idea. Multiple panels allow more convenient access.
View attachment 27846
That is sweet [thumb], but since I still run a factory steel wheel spare and jack in the well, I want to save even the little bit of weight something like that adds back into the mass. [wink]

That is sweet [thumb], but since I still run a factory steel wheel spare and jack in the well, I want to save even the little bit of weight something like that adds back into the mass. [wink]
It won't have much load bearing capacity, but you could use 3 inch styrofoam sheet in two layers as the load floor. I made one to try out. You would have to cover the underside of it in felt and the face of it in carpet. Otherwise you will be driven insane by the squeaking and rattling. But, it would look like my load floor minus any feature enrichment.

You might want to grab one of these. I believe that this temp spare is what Fiesta SFE pkg sedans got as part of the option spec. It is feather light compared to what the ST got.
I think I paid Twenty bucks for it at a junkyard.

Attachments