Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Red liquid in passenger foot well (maybe coolant?)

Hey y'all,

Need a little guidance in finding the source of a leak. Noticed a small pool of water in the rear passenger foot well. We had a big storm recently so I thought thought maybe a drain line somewhere was clogged. But when I went to mop it up I noticed it was a red liquid and a little soapy. Has anyone seen this before? I checked the coolant and it didn't seem too low but I haven't checked it in a while. Any thoughts?

Thanks

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeap...its coolant. Nothing else in the FiST has a pink/red/ orange Hue to it fluid wise. If you taste it and its Embittered....then its coolant.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do you have children? If so do they sit in the back? They spill stuff without saying anything also*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
HOW would coolant get into the REAR passenger footwell area?!? [???:)]

Or did you mean the rear section/part of the FRONT passenger foot well area, and not the rear SEAT passenger foot area? [dunno]

Erick_V

OEM coolant is red, probably dripping from the heater core. I know in most cars they are stuffed up into that area behind the dash. I'm assuming you meant the FP side. I would think the front carpet would also be wet with coolant if the rear was. The only line that may leak into that area would be the windshield washer line for the rear but I'm not sure where in the roof that is ran, low probability for that one but look at the headliner for spots just in case.

Edit: Washer bottle is mounted on the driver side so I'm assuming the line is ran on that side too. Highly doubt its that now

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
Nah I don't have kids though my gf did put a bunch stuff in my rear seat so possible something spilled but I didn't see. It was pretty odorless but I didn't chance a taste lol. I didn't see anything in the FP just in the rear though I was parked on an decline tilting front left so maybe that had something to do with it? Haha. If there is no way coolant got into the RP foot well I have to think something spilled and pooled down there. It DEFINITELY was not water. I'll double check the FP.

OP
M
Thread Starter #7
So I checked the FP floor and and passenger side roof line and it's dry as a bone. it's dry as a bone. I think we're gonna chalk this up to an accidental spillage for now and see what happens :) thanks for all the help guys

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, our coolant DOES have a distinct, mild alcohol-like smell to it at the usual 50/50 concentration level, so if what you have seen is odorless, it was not coolant. [wink]