Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Replace 1, 2 or 4 tires?

Dialcaliper

The logic is that cars are more likely to lose control on wet/slick roads, even on minor curves at highway speeds.
I understand the logic, and people lose control of their cars…usually because not paying attention, not looking ahead or around for hazards and/or driving too fast for the conditions given their ability and their car’s maintanance and capability (both of which are all too common).

Having a set of half-tread tires or rear of the front of your car is not going to result in your car oversteering. A set of crappy all seasons with 3/32 left on the tread? Maybe but no one sane should be driving on those in the rainy season without being aware of the risks.

The number of people that drive cars in America that have no grasp of car control, awareness of the boundaries of their abilities and concepts basic junior high physics (mass, momentum, velocity, friction) and how they relate to reality is just depressing.

Last edited:

Dialcaliper

Get your alignment checked .....I cant stress this the most!
This is a very good point after hitting a pothole hard enough to pop a tire. Alignment check, and also have the tire shop check runout on the rim with the tire off to make sure it isn’t bent before mounting the new tire.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is a very good point after hitting a pothole hard enough to pop a tire. Alignment check, and also have the tire shop check runout on the rim with the tire off to make sure it isn’t bent before mounting the new tire.
Its worth every penny for peace of mind*

OP
F
Thread Starter #25
Thanks, all. Alignment check is scheduled for next week. I didn’t think to ask to have the tire shop to check the rim. Had the car up to 60 mph and didn’t feel a wobble after they mounted the tires so hoping I avoided bending the rim.