Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ride Quality - not crashing and potholes but the bouncing and choppy bit

It will look like this but it definitely rode like butter.
It actually did some downhill curvy parkways pretty well but you won’t be able to toss it around. Now, correct me if I’m wrong but won’t there be extra turbulence underneath? Also looks kinda of like a mini SUV.
I think you are correct on all points, will be funny looking, not really sure on the turbulence (we don't have under car trays to smooth out airflow so im not really sure that matters all that much).

and yeah, you loose the look of the ST due to it being raised up quite a bit, just an idea, not a great one.

OP
unclefester
Thread Starter #24
Just to update this .....

Long story short, when i get new tyres about 3 years back, i'd assumed the tyre place had set the pressures according to what i know now is written on the passenger door shut. I then spent the next 3 years running with what they set as i'd never had a car that had different pressures front and rear.

So now it's 36 front and 26 rear instead of 36 all round - the ride is vastly improved, cornering feels like it flows and the thing is generally far less unpleasant to be in.

I'd always assumed part of the problem was the age of / deterioration in the shocks instead of the problem being as simple as tyre pressures.

Hey ho. That's earned a stay of execution for another year.

Just to update this .....

Long story short, when i get new tyres about 3 years back, i'd assumed the tyre place had set the pressures according to what i know now is written on the passenger door shut. I then spent the next 3 years running with what they set as i'd never had a car that had different pressures front and rear.

So now it's 36 front and 26 rear instead of 36 all round - the ride is vastly improved, cornering feels like it flows and the thing is generally far less unpleasant to be in.

I'd always assumed part of the problem was the age of / deterioration in the shocks instead of the problem being as simple as tyre pressures.

Hey ho. That's earned a stay of execution for another year.
Glad to hear it's helped @unclefester. I did wonder about 26 psi in the rear - I believe stock is 39 front 36 rear (iirc). That seems really low, so could cause some issues with premature tire wear? But maybe this is different for the UK spec...

Since I've posted on this thread, thought I'd update: putting new B4s on the rear did virtually nothing - dampers weren't blown. I'm now looking into getting B6s because they have a pretty easy rebound rate (as compared to the OE ones - they're actually the same as the non-ST Fiesta oddly enough). Hopefully that fixes the pogo STick...