Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Roll bar / Cage

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Just placed my order, thanks for your assistance!
No problem at all man. If you have any questions just PM me. Definitely take out your front/rear seats and center console. It sounds like a lot but it’ll save a lot of time in the long run.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
No problem at all man. If you have any questions just PM me. Definitely take out your front/rear seats and center console. It sounds like a lot but it’ll save a lot of time in the long run.
Center console is already out and I can get front and rear seats out in probably 15 mins at this point. I plan to drill holes then get it powder coated neon yellow/green.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Alright so now that the Autopower cage/rollbar is on the way, what do I pick up for a harness? I have a QuickFit that I used with stock seats, should I keep using that with the stock seat until I get my Sparco seat and do a proper harness when I upgrade the seats? I don't think I have any events now until late May. Any advice would be appreciated - thanks!

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Alright so now that the Autopower cage/rollbar is on the way, what do I pick up for a harness? I have a QuickFit that I used with stock seats, should I keep using that with the stock seat until I get my Sparco seat and do a proper harness when I upgrade the seats? I don't think I have any events now until late May. Any advice would be appreciated - thanks!
If you can keep the buckles in the back, I'd use the QuickFit for now until you upgrade the seats (if that's your plan).

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
If you can keep the buckles in the back, I'd use the QuickFit for now until you upgrade the seats (if that's your plan).
I can put the buckles back in and use the QuickFit. But I've got a Sparco seat and Autopower roll bar on order, so I'd like to pickup a harness and have it waiting to go once those items get in.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I use this. It's perfect with a HANS. Bridgemoto is local to me. Their products are high quality. Do not use a QF Pro with a fixed seat.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I use this. It's perfect with a HANS. Bridgemoto is local to me. Their products are high quality. Do not use a QF Pro with a fixed seat.
OMG colors, that's awesome! Might look at that. Also I don't have a HANS which I need to get - any suggestions on that? I have this helmet - https://hjc-motorsports.com/products/ar-10-iii

Woods247

2000 Post Club
OMG colors, that's awesome! Might look at that. Also I don't have a HANS which I need to get - any suggestions on that? I have this helmet - https://hjc-motorsports.com/products/ar-10-iii
Your helmet is good to go! The Simpson Hybrid S will work with a 3-point OEM belt along with harnesses. That would be my recommendation. If you don’t intend to ever ride along with anyone, you can buy whichever HANS fits your budget. Ron at Discovery Parts has great prices and sometimes they go on sale: https://discoveryparts.com/68__hans-device-sfi-and-fia-certified-neck-restraint-

It’s probably a good idea to call them to find out which is best for you. Some are narrower than others. They sort of fit like helmets.

Here’s the Hybrid S: https://discoveryparts.com/simpson-...t-works-with-3-way-seat-belt-simpson-hys.html

Remember, this is THE MOST IMPORTANT piece of safety kit if you have to wear a helmet on track. I’ve seen two guys die in slow crashes without them. Dead... $1000 is worth my life.

Last edited:
If you are getting a HANS, get the real thing. https://www.hansdevice.com/
Based on what exactly?
Brands like NextGen, Simpson, and Shroth are all great products and all must pass stringent SFI 38.1 standards.
And that’s only part of the equation - to get true protection from side loads, a containment seat is advised. I also ran a triangle net from the cage right behind the drivers seat thru the dash (where the radio would be) to the cage’s dash bar.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
...also, you can find HANS devices used on FB Marketplace along with other racing groups for a steal. Discovery parts can re-certify them for very little money. That’s a really good way to go too and you could probably pick one up for $300-$400. Just make sure it’s never been crashed.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Based on what exactly?
Brands like NextGen, Simpson, and Shroth are all great products and all must pass stringent SFI 38.1 standards.
And that’s only part of the equation - to get true protection from side loads, a containment seat is advised. I also ran a triangle net from the cage right behind the drivers seat thru the dash (where the radio would be) to the cage’s dash bar.
I agree. HANS brand seems to fit me better than the others but all are great. Stand 21 has one now too and it’s affordable: https://discoveryparts.com/stand-21-hans-device/4623-stand-21-fhr-club-series-3-shr20mcs3.html

Last edited:

Jabbit

2000 Post Club

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Ok so what makes the $1,000 one better than the $375 one? Also is there a good beginner video or something on YT that talks about it?
Engineering - HANS KNOWS theirs works, I doubt the $375 option has the proven track record that the HANS devices have. It comes down to being able to produce the same quality each time and also being able to prove that the quality meets certain standards.

They may both use 3" straps (I have no clue what they use) but one will have a designed material and one will have a look a-like material. They MAY do the same thing, only one knows for sure.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Ok so what makes the $1,000 one better than the $375 one? Also is there a good beginner video or something on YT that talks about it?
The $1000 Simpson S is the only 3 point compatible HANS on the market and it is made of light weight carbon fiber. The lighter they are, the more expensive. The less expensive models like the Stand 21 are likely made of other composites and quite heavy. The Schroth is extremely heavy. I’ve broken my collar bones many times so I prefer carbon. All will work as intended.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
The $1000 Simpson S is the only 3 point compatible HANS on the market and it is made of light weight carbon fiber. The lighter they are, the more expensive. The less expensive models like the Stand 21 are likely made of other composites and quite heavy. The Schroth is extremely heavy. I’ve broken my collar bones many times so I prefer carbon. All will work as intended.
Good call, forgot to consider weight / material choice.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Ron or Layne at Discovery Parts will spend as much time with you on the phone as needed and answer every question you have about the safety and advantages of the different models. 1-888-748-RACE is their phone number.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Good call, forgot to consider weight / material choice.
The HANS the F1 guys use is damn near weightless. It makes a big difference in comfort just like light weight fire suits and carbon helmets. The shoulder/chest pads are incredibly important as well. You don’t want them touching your neck anywhere. I learned the hard way after buying the wrong size used.

Based on racing with Jim & Robert when they were creating it. Their methods were impeccable; so, then, is the device. Ya get what ya pay for; a knockoff or the real deal with all the research and science. Jim & Robert gave a rat's ass about your neck long before you did.
So show me the data on a HANS vs other SFI 38.1 devices - I’ll wait.

I certainly believe HANS is a helluva product but to call others “knockoffs” and implying they are inferior is ridiculous. BTW, name dropping doesn’t impress me.

Edit: I’m done arguing - no use in clogging up this thread on differing opinions which by the looks of it won’t end up changing either of our stances

Last edited: