Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Roof molding fix

I too became a victim...of flappy roof moldings.
The fix? 3M 5200.
-Lift up the flappy part and clean the area with acetone or isopropyl alcohol. Don’t be afraid to lift it up to the point it tears a bit. You want all dirt outta there.
-Be careful with this stuff it’s black and sticky. Run a line of it but not too much so it squeezes out the side like too much ketchup on ya burgah.
-Now find some scrap wood that fits on the molding but not too wide that it sits on either side of the roof.
-Lay a rag over the wood and roof and place a weight on it for 2 or tree owuz. No more flappy and 5200 is your new friend

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mine have been replaced under warranty twice....I gave up having ford do it after the last time.....it lasted like 6 months and it was peeling again. But I will try this technique!

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #4
Mine have been replaced under warranty twice....I gave up having ford do it after the last time.....it lasted like 6 months and it was peeling again. But I will try this technique!
3M 5200 is no joke. Get the outdoor weatherproof stuff

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #8
Go to Home Depot (not Lowe’s) and you’ll find it

I had mine done under warranty and it lasted about a month. I fixed it myself with 3M Scotch Extremely Strong Permanent mounting tape, so far so good.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Scot...ed-Extreme-Mounting-Tape-414-LONGDC/205507375

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I had mine done under warranty and it lasted about a month. I fixed it myself with 3M Scotch Extremely Strong Permanent mounting tape, so far so good.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-Scot...ed-Extreme-Mounting-Tape-414-LONGDC/205507375
That stuff did not work for me, and it is even MORE useless for holding the sill extensions on without a gap up near the back of the front wheel wells. [:(]

I am going to try the JB Weld 2 part stuff in the 'syringe', which is rated to almost 4000 PSI, and claims to be good for almost every automotive plastic/composite type out there, since I do not feel like throwing away $150.00+ for the 3M body panel bonding kit when I am only going to use a few grams of it.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #15
OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #16
Well it keeps coming up as a marine sealant on loogle
Ok it’s a marine sealant. That should be reassuring. Is there a tougher environment to try to seal something or keep something stuck together? If it doesn’t work Ill eat a spoonful of it