Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ROTA Recce/Titan hub bore.

I'm looking at a getting a set of Rota wheels, I am still undecided on which set. The few I've been looking at list a hub bore of 63.35. While browsing and doing a tiny bit of research on the forum i've noticed our hub bore is listed at 63.4. Are our bore just rounded off when listed or will they not fit?

Or am I better off going with a hub bore of 73.1 listed on some of the other sets and running hub centric rings.

New to the whole wheel fitting thing, any direction would be great!

Hey[wave] We're talking about 5 hundredths of a mm. That's pretty small. You probably won't have any issues mounting. If by the rare chance you do, take a strip of emery cloth and go at the hub like a shoe shiner. Clean both mounting surfaces real good with some brake cleaner;)(y)This is all assuming machining specs for the hub and inner wheel bore are spot on.

I have 2 sets of Rotas with a 63.35 hub bore diameter. It’s rounded off. 🐀

i have rota grids. i believe they all list their hub bores as slightly different than our fist hub bores. youll be okay. the slight difference will cause no issues. you dont have to run hubcentric rings on them

OP
Informacion
Thread Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys.

And yeah the way my luck is set up, I'll end up losing a battle with a pothole sooner rather than later.

Now just have to decide which set to go with!

felopr

Does it even matter? I mean, that is why hub centrics exists

felopr

If it doesn’t matter then why are all oem wheels hub centric?
i was talking about this man...
That is the point of this post, hub centrics for aftermarket wheels, who cares about oem wheels. We all know oem wheels are hubcentric from factory
AHR736415P-1_500x342_2.jpg

Does it even matter? I mean, that is why hub centrics exists
i was talking about this man...
That is the point of this post, hub centrics for aftermarket wheels, who cares about oem wheels. We all know oem wheels are hubcentric from factory
View attachment 22829
Oh you mean hub centric spacers 🐀

A wheel that needs hub centric spacers are lug centric. A wheel that fits onto the axle with no hub centering spacer is called hub centric. Sorry just trying to figure out what you were saying. 😃🌈

Thanks for the info guys.

And yeah the way my luck is set up, I'll end up losing a battle with a pothole sooner rather than later.

Now just have to decide which set to go with!
I have Titans in gold and Hyper black Grids. I also like the Titans in Full Royal Sport Bronze. Btw I am also looking at Konig Hypergrams 17x8 4x108 in matte grey. These would require hub centric spacers as the hub bore diameter in the wheel is larger than the hub diameter on the car 👌

OP
Informacion
Thread Starter #14
I really do like the look of a bronze wheel, but I'm conflicted on paring it with Magnetic. Haven't seen many bronze wheels on this color, which has me leaning towards black. Going to spend some more time researching and debating color combos before I take the plunge.

Cars getting a new transmission next week anyhow, I'll let that play out. :alien:

Rota hyperblack is kinda cool due to the transition from almost black and polished gunmetal look depending on lighting and viewing angle:cool: Would look pretty nice on a magnetic, regardless of design(y)

The Hyper blacks are ok but I would rather have a color that makes the design of the wheel more apparent. The HB’s are a black hole sort of 🌈🌈🌈

OP
Informacion
Thread Starter #19
Unfortunately when I got them I didn't see the sense in switching tires and mounting them as winter is approaching and I'd have to put the winter set up on in two months. So pictures will have to wait till the spring. :cry: