Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rota Wheels Strike F Hyper Black 17x8

Rotiform’s or Rota’s?

• Rotiform RSE

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I haven’t seen these on a Fiesta yet but I feel like it’s the best looking wheel hands down. I’m not sure if they will go well on the Magnetic Fiesta but if I don’t get these the runner up is the Rotiform RSE’s. I need your help, should I get the Strikes? Let me know if you have photos of these on a Fiesta. I’ll also need a good skinny tire to go with these, comment suggestions.

Attachments

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
I haven’t seen these on a Fiesta yet but I feel like it’s the best looking wheel hands down. I’m not sure if they will go well on the Magnetic Fiesta but if I don’t get these the runner up is the Rotiform RSE’s. I need your help, should I get the Strikes? Let me know if you have photos of these on a Fiesta. I’ll also need a good skinny tire to go with these, comment suggestions.
Those are 5 lug, we have 4 lug... Am I missing something?

2017 Magnetic FiST w/Recaros

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
They kinda look similar to XXR 527 wheels in chromium black.... Also available in 4x108.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
XXRs for some reason carry the stigma of (perceived) marginal quality. People have a strange notion of low cost = low quality. That said, the general recommendation is to use XXRs on the street only. To that end, the apparent hierarchy of preference would suggest that one should take Taiwan-based wheels (XXR or Klutch, for that matter) over the Philippines-produced ones (Rota). Koenigs can come out from either Taiwan or Thailand, for instance...

The truth, however, is that a lot of these brands have the same corporate owner or past affiliations with fabricators that are not from the "shit countries" to borrow a phrase.

But I digress...

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
XXRs for some reason carry the stigma of (perceived) marginal quality. People have a strange notion of low cost = low quality. That said, the general recommendation is to use XXRs on the street only. To that end, the apparent hierarchy of preference would suggest that one should take Taiwan-based wheels (XXR or Klutch, for that matter) over the Philippines-produced ones (Rota). Koenigs can come out from either Taiwan or Thailand, for instance...

The truth, however, is that a lot of these brands have the same corporate owner or past affiliations with fabricators that are not from the "shit countries" to borrow a phrase.

But I digress...
XXR”s have the reputation of cheap cast heavy wheels. Which is exactly what they are. They were the cheap resort in the drifting world which is when and where they first surfaced in the mid 2000”s’
While the ones for our cars are not horribly heavy there are better choices.

Klutch are newer and I honestly do not know much about them.
Konigs where considered cheap once upon a time but are flow formed which is a semi forging technique of wheel making that makes strong and lightweight wheels. Which is why so many here like them.
Enkei use’s the same tech these days as well.
It has nothing to do with the country that the wheel is made in these days it has everything to do with how its made.
Rota’s are still a cast wheel and yes back in the day they had a really bad rep. They tended to break rather than bend. Though the Miata community embraced them because they were affordable and the Miata community is notoriously cheap. Rota’s used to be heavy but worked on making lighter wheels which also helped in their rep.
In the end hands down Konigs are some of the lightest strongest affordable wheels one can buy.

The choice is up to the OP just shedding some more light on the differences between some of these wheels.
I personally have an aversion to XXR because of the fact they are a cast wheel and what I stated above . There are better options for the same amount of or close to the same amount of money,.

But I digress...
Shithole countries. Get it right 🇺🇸

IMHO hyper black will not look good on our magnetic cars because magnetic has a gold/bronze metal flake. Hyper black reads cool whereas magnetic is warmer when in the light. I also think it’s just not enough of a contrast to pop.

For these reasons I believe that black (matte or gloss) and bronze wheels are the best choice for magnetic.

Last edited:
Did you end up getting these?