Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rotated crankshaft counterclockwise

Had the serpentine blet off,
timing belt still attached
when done cleaning the valves that were closed,
I rotated the the crankshaft to cycle my other valves from open to shut
however i rotated counter clock wise 1-3 rotations and the valves didnt cycle

neighbor came out and rotated clockwise 1-3 times and cycled the other valves closed.

now i have lifter ticking going on,
what harm did i cause rotating my crankshaft counterclockwise with the timing belt still attached?

i'll attach a video showing the noise i now have

Attachments

You posted a link to an MP4 file on your computer, that is only usable for users sitting at your computer. In order for your video to be seen you'll have to upload the file to a site such as Youtube that offers video hosting.

As for valve ticking, these are solid lifter cam on bucket engines so what you did should not have any effect on the lifters. What you may be hearing is a leak in the exhaust manifold because these sound very much like a lifter tick. It could also be something like the serpentine belt tensioner making the noise. I would suggest a trip to Harbor Freight for a Mechanics stethoscope and using that to clairify where the noise is centered.