Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

S280? or GTX2860/67

The S280 is where it's at. The spool is unbeatable. Both turbos will max out the stock engine. Video of my s280 car sitting comfortably on top of the 60-130 leaderboard :)

View: https://youtu.be/saxzgfl_yRk
Dude this is sick, I’ve got a full bolt on stock tune fiesta and looking to jump to a good 91 tune with the s280, and I wanna get over the 300hp hump, even though I daily it, I can obviously switch back and forth between tunes for when I’m going to work and when “I’m going to work”, is it possible with the pump gas to reach 300

Dude this is sick, I’ve got a full bolt on stock tune fiesta and looking to jump to a good 91 tune with the s280, and I wanna get over the 300hp hump, even though I daily it, I can obviously switch back and forth between tunes for when I’m going to work and when “I’m going to work”, is it possible with the pump gas to reach 300
it's on the bleeding edge of "yes it's possible" but right in the middle of "you really shouldn't do it"

i mean are you asking if 300 WHP or BHP is possible? WHP is pretty relative and you're gonna get different numbers compared to a simulated number with Vdyno vs a Mustang dyno. anyone here who has gotten 300WHP (again, taken with a grain of salt unless done on a Mustang dyno) on pump gas has pushed the hard limits of what the engine can handle and even then i'm not sure if they actually got to 300WHP without grenade'ing their engine. if you do an ethanol blend, a decent amount of people have hit that number on a big turbo with a reliable tune. but on pump gas, a 300WHP tune shouldn't be your goal. especially if it's your daily driver.

300 brake hp though? yeah you can hit that.

edit: also not sure what you mean by "switch between tunes". if you read around the forum, the limiting factor of HP on the 1.6L is hitting the knock limit (if you're like me when i first went down this road you'll have to read up on that). based on most people's posts, you're gonna hit that limit on 91OCT before you get 300WHP. and asking a tuner to go past the knock limit is not something anyone here would recommend.

Last edited:
it's on the bleeding edge of "yes it's possible" but right in the middle of "you really shouldn't do it"

i mean are you asking if 300 WHP or BHP is possible? WHP is pretty relative and you're gonna get different numbers compared to a simulated number with Vdyno vs a Mustang dyno. anyone here who has gotten 300WHP (again, taken with a grain of salt unless done on a Mustang dyno) on pump gas has pushed the hard limits of what the engine can handle and even then i'm not sure if they actually got to 300WHP without grenade'ing their engine. if you do an ethanol blend, a decent amount of people have hit that number on a big turbo with a reliable tune. but on pump gas, a 300WHP tune shouldn't be your goal. especially if it's your daily driver.

300 brake hp though? yeah you can hit that.
Ok this seems fair enough, I don’t wanna push the limits but at the same time wanna hang with V8s (my friend has a 5.0) PS I wanna bully him

PPS SUTUUTUTUTUTUU

Ok this seems fair enough, I don’t wanna push the limits but at the same time wanna hang with V8s (my friend has a 5.0) PS I wanna bully him

PPS SUTUUTUTUTUTUU
My guy, a hornet doesn't bully a horse.

that said there's a thread here "who did you take to Gapplebee's?" where people post hanging with/beating much more powerful stock cars. especially in the twistys. put some really sticky tires on the Fiesta and get good at driving it and it can hang with a lot of cars on tight turns.

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
Yeap....I went with the RTS Dual friction clutch kit. It is SMF not DMF like OEM is. Its been great so far.Its all preference in the end of the day. The OEM clutch setup i feel is Sloppy and Slow to react with all its mass flinging around. My Clarke unit has WPC treatment and Carbon fiber synchros now with a Mfactory LSD. Im an Ex-tech but dont wanna buy a press and deal with taking it all off the shaft and re-assembling it. I dont have alot of time for that so i just had Colby @ Clarke build me one. Less headache.
I'm thinking about going the Clarke route since I hate the rev hang and looking into installing a LWFW. How useful is the WPC treatment? What's the turnaround time for the trans?

I’m primarily going to be running on 91 octane in which case 300whp is perfectly ok! However the extra HP I would like to have for “fun”. I typically cruise with some friends in Golf R’s and Focus RS’s as well as one friend in particular who has a supercharged E46 M3. Being able to “keep up” is the added goal of 350whp, lol.
just a heads up as new members seem to be getting the wrong idea, 300WHP is an unrealistic goal on pump gas. people posting 300WHP are doing it on ethanol blends or with methanol systems. even with uprated injectors, that's not going to help pump gas tunes get more power. i think most forum members post around 280WHP on pump gas tunes.

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
just a heads up as new members seem to be getting the wrong idea, 300WHP is an unrealistic goal on pump gas. people posting 300WHP are doing it on ethanol blends or with methanol systems. even with uprated injectors, that's not going to help pump gas tunes get more power. i think most forum members post around 280WHP on pump gas tunes.
I got 278 WHP on crappy AZ 91 OCT on vdyno. Ambient temp was probably around low 80's, went up to mid-90's by the time I finished with the E30 tune.

I wonder if it's possible to hit 300 WHP with 93 OCT during the winter with S280.

1675799100124.jpeg

I got 278 WHP on crappy AZ 91 OCT on vdyno. Ambient temp was probably around low 80's, went up to mid-90's by the time I finished with the E30 tune.

I wonder if it's possible to hit 300 WHP with 93 OCT during the winter with S280.

View attachment 53858
from what little i understand about pump gas, winter blends are not as energy rich as the summer blends. now if you live in a place that sometimes gets a cold snap in May and it's 40degrees in the morning...you're probably just really upset that your summer 200TW tires are hard as nails and hitting 300WHP is the last thing on your mind, lol.

but i have read a few people getting pretty close to 300WHP on 93OCT and a prayer. i forget how close though (maybe 290?)

Dpro

6000 Post Club
from what little i understand about pump gas, winter blends are not as energy rich as the summer blends. now if you live in a place that sometimes gets a cold snap in May and it's 40degrees in the morning...you're probably just really upset that your summer 200TW tires are hard as nails and hitting 300WHP is the last thing on your mind, lol.

but i have read a few people getting pretty close to 300WHP on 93OCT and a prayer. i forget how close though (maybe 290?)
This and what you said earlier indeed these newbies need to understand that ya people like me got 300 whp and just under on E30 . That is tune that cannot be altered what you get is what you get as in order to really tune for E30 with this Turbo you need at least uprated injectors if not a HPFP upgrade as well.
That said even on 91 my car hangs with a lot more powerful cars that are heavier. Poser to weight is your friend here.
I am still a bit on the fence on injectors for smog reasons here in California I do not want to be swapping injectors out every 2 years lol.

I will also say I did not buy my car to be a drag race king. I bought it for the way it drives and upgraded the Turbo to keep up with Porsches and the like in the straights as the corners well we just rule! Not a lot of cars can match us in the corners and even Miata‘s can be fair game with the right driver behind the wheel.

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
This and what you said earlier indeed these newbies need to understand that ya people like me got 300 whp and just under on E30 . That is tune that cannot be
I am still a bit on the fence on injectors for smog reasons here in California I do not want to be swapping injectors out every 2 years lol.
Consider water/methanol injection. It'll let you run E30 with S280 with stock injectors and HPFP. I'm using the windshield washer reservoir and mounted the pump right next to it. You can't tell it's there with the bumper cover on. You can either remove the nozzle during the inspection or mount it on the lower side of the charge pipe to also hide it.

1675812401042.png

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm thinking about going the Clarke route since I hate the rev hang and looking into installing a LWFW. How useful is the WPC treatment? What's the turnaround time for the trans?
Do you have a known good core that you can send right away? This cuts down on waiting for a Core to come in and be gone through and updated. Colby can give you a good idea of what the supply chain issues are currently also. Hit up Colby@Clarke and see what he says.

lol! my man.

you're the reason why people should fear the Fiesta anytime they're at a stoplight...in Oklahoma. But for almost all of us, the Fiesta can't put down power like a CRX. I just don't want people hopping on this forum seeing what some of you GOATs do with the platform and thinking they're good to go as soon as they bolt on and tune a big turbo.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
lol! my man.

you're the reason why people should fear the Fiesta anytime they're at a stoplight...in Oklahoma. But for almost all of us, the Fiesta can't put down power like a CRX. I just don't want people hopping on this forum seeing what some of you GOATs do with the platform and thinking they're good to go as soon as they bolt on and tune a big turbo.
With all due respect to Wesley...why can't other people do the same? He's obviously a good driver but what does his car have that is a recipe others can't follow?

With all due respect to Wesley...why can't other people do the same? He's obviously a good driver but what does his car have that is a recipe others can't follow?
nothing in his car that others can't follow. i was just letting newbies know that getting past 280WHP without ethanol
(or a methanol system) is not for the faint of heart. i mentioned the CRX as that's a light FWD car the Honda crowd loves but it's not apples to apples.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
nothing in his car that others can't follow. i was just letting newbies know that getting past 280WHP without ethanol
(or a methanol system) is not for the faint of heart. i mentioned the CRX as that's a light FWD car the Honda crowd loves but it's not apples to apples.
Gotcha makes sense. I'm on a similar but slightly different path. Similar power level but hpde is my use case.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Not a single thing :) It could be duplicated easily
Often imitated, never duplicated. If you really want to start hurting feelings with roll racing, look at the 4.3 gears. Supposed to be warm here this weekend and I have my next tuning revision to try. On to ethanol later this month...

Often imitated, never duplicated. If you really want to start hurting feelings with roll racing, look at the 4.3 gears. Supposed to be warm here this weekend and I have my next tuning revision to try. On to ethanol later this month...
There isn't any circumstances where those would be better, the gears are already short enough. Why anyone puts them in their car for anything other than purpose built racing stuff, I will never understand lol.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
There isn't any circumstances where those would be better, the gears are already short enough. Why anyone puts them in their car for anything other than purpose built racing stuff, I will never understand lol.
Ya its pretty much we already have hardly any first gear… with a 4.3 you might as well just dig from 2nd.:ROFLMAO: