Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Seibon Carbon Fiber RS Style Vented Hood for Fiesta PICS

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Are the vents functional in any way?
Are you asking if they are real vents (open) or if anyone has anyone provided any data to show they actually help reduce internal temps? I haven't seen any actual data posted so far that shows this is the case?

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
they are open vents...And yeah, there is a "claim" made in their blog (posted below) but with no supporting data...FWTW..LOL!!

http://blog.modbargains.com/new-fiesta-st-rs-style-carbon-fiber-hoods-now-modbargains/

"The two hood vents installed on either side of the rise in the center are fully functional ? the owner of this Fiesta ST reports an approximate 5-10F* reduction in coolant and air charge temperatures on hot days, and after seeing the heat waves bleeding through the vents, we?re inclined to believe the anecdote."

they are open vents...And yeah, there is a "claim" made in their blog (posted below) but with no supporting data...FWTW..LOL!!

http://blog.modbargains.com/new-fiesta-st-rs-style-carbon-fiber-hoods-now-modbargains/

"The two hood vents installed on either side of the rise in the center are fully functional ? the owner of this Fiesta ST reports an approximate 5-10F* reduction in coolant and air charge temperatures on hot days, and after seeing the heat waves bleeding through the vents, we?re inclined to believe the anecdote."
I figured as much. Not a fan of gawdy vents that do absolutely nothing.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club

Meh.. I can see a 5-10 degree reduction in INTAKE air temps, but probably not air charge temps... maybe 1-2 degrees real world. [wink]

I can also see how this might help vent some heat.

Pete

I want to order this hood but would rather come pick it up. Can I get I still get it for the discounted price of 649.99 if I pick up? Thanks!

I might order one, I like the RS look vents and CF is just sexy. That $155 shipping is kinda killer though...

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
I want to order this hood but would rather come pick it up. Can I get I still get it for the discounted price of 649.99 if I pick up? Thanks!
SEIBON is weird about shipping. There's a "mandatory shipping charge" or something, but for locals I think there's a way around it. Call in and talk to one of our Mod Experts who can help you out w/local pickup or facilitate just having you get it AT Seibon (20 mins from here)

OP
BlueBomber

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
I might order one, I like the RS look vents and CF is just sexy. That $155 shipping is kinda killer though...
No way around it for anyone selling SEIBON unfortunately, it's a new SEIBON policy - mandatory shipping charge or something. :(

Pete

Thank you for the response I did call in and was told there is a 9-12 week wait time for the hoods to be ready. So I am going to wait and buy tires for now.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Properly designed hood vents can be hugely effective but generally need to be much larger to have a big improvement in cooling.

Allowing air out over the top of the car versus underneath also aids in down force and drag reduction, again when done right.

I can easily see a gain from these vents, how much, testing is the only way to be sure.