Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Semi-Colour Coordinated Seats?

Taz

As someone who used to have a Mk3 FoST I'm well aware that the ST2 has semi-leather Recaros that're all colour coordinated to their specific car. Even the Tangerine Scream has leather and yellow cloth Recaros. As a result, I'm extremely puzzled as to why Ford didn't do the same with all of the FiSTs, especially seeing that they apparently have the same design of Recaros?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
As someone who used to have a Mk3 FoST I'm well aware that the ST2 has semi-leather Recaros that're all colour coordinated to their specific car. Even the Tangerine Scream has leather and yellow cloth Recaros. As a result, I'm extremely puzzled as to why Ford didn't do the same with all of the FiSTs, especially seeing that they apparently have the same design of Recaros?
Well interesting thing is over there you guys got the Recaro‘s in cloth as base seats. We got base seats here and the Recaro’s were a 2k option and the only ones they color matched were the Molten Reds. Oh and the Magnetics with Smoke Storms. In interesting thing is they gave us the option of picking Molten Red Recaros or Smoke Storms. Go figure Ford does weird stuff over here.

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #3
Well interesting thing is over there you guys got the Recaro‘s in cloth as base seats. We got base seats here and the Recaro’s were a 2k option and the only ones they color matched were the Molten Reds. Oh and the Magnetics with Smoke Storms. In interesting thing is they gave us the option of picking Molten Red Recaros or Smoke Storms. Go figure Ford does weird stuff over here.
That doesn't really explain why, for example, Ford didn't take the leather and blue Recaros from the FoST ST2 and put them in the blue FiST.

Pretty much sums it up except you forgot pick me ups as well. Oh and they saw they could make money off Americans for charging the ones that wanted Recaro’s extra.:ROFLMAO::cry:
I always found it weird you guys had to fork more money for the Rec's and we got them standard. The only options there was for us was sav, sunroof and black wheels.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I always found it weird you guys had to fork more money for the Rec's and we got them standard. The only options there was for us was sav, sunroof and black wheels.
It might also have do with perceived size of Americans and if they would fit into the Recaro’s. Not all of us are big, just enough to gather a consensus.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
It might also have do with perceived size of Americans and if they would fit into the Recaro’s. Not all of us are big, just enough to gather a consensus.
Im not saying there are a lot of obese people in the states. But i'm gonna point out that they almost exceed their vehicle's towing capacity when there are only two of them in an suv 🤣🤣

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #9
Because penny pinching. And Americans deluded borderline psychotic obsession with SUVs.
:oops: Wow! We're used to having a good dig at ourselves, but I've never seen Americans tear into their fellow countrymen/women before!

I'm afraid we've caught the same SUV bug here, but not to such a great extent though. Whereas I can see why they'd be useful, I can't really see why city people would want those giant pick-up trucks I keep seeing on American roads. I think our local Ford dealer is trying to sell them, but I've yet to see one on the road.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Owning a big truck in a city is like taking part in a contest of overcompensating. I dont get it either. Theres nothing an awd suv can do that an awd wagon couldnt.

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #14
HA! Some of those road tanks would barely fit down some of your 'B roads' all by themselves, let alone side by side with another one! [crazyeye] LOL
No doubt about it. Same with some of our Victorian inner city roads. Even my FoST had a hard time fitting down some of them. That's part of the reason why I started to regret buying it to a degree. It was far bigger than I'll ever need, whereas the FiST is like a little bullet, especially once it's tuned. I mean, Pumaspeed even do a 380bhp tune for the FiST, and that's without any changes to the inner engine! All that power to weight and manoeuvrability would suit me just fine!

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #15
Here's a perfect example of what I mean. It was probably designed when all we had were horse and carts for transport and acted as a main road out of the city. I've gotta inform you that there's normally loads of cars parked to the left and it's both a main road from numerous housing estates into town AND a regular bus route as well!

010.jpg

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Interestingly enough, our Recaros in the FiST are "Euro Spec" and the ones in the Focus are not. The Focus seats are slightly wider and a slightly different shape, so the covers wouldn't fit anyway.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Here's a perfect example of what I mean. It was probably designed when all we had were horse and carts for transport and acted as a main road out of the city. I've gotta inform you that there's normally loads of cars parked to the left and it's both a main road from numerous housing estates into town AND a regular bus route as well!

View attachment 38335
The van in that photo is what you guys use instead of pickup trucks. I own a sign shop, and that's why I drive a pickup. I have to carry 4'x8' and 4'x10' panels and ladders and tools routinely, as well as tow a boom lift to the jobsite. If we had to drive on alleyways like that, we'd all drive Transits and Sprinters instead. Plus, where I live, the four wheel drive is a necessity, even in summer. You should see the steep gravel roads and driveways we have to negotiate.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I work in the medical equipment field and our hospital is purchasing larger quantities of "bariatric" equipment to accommodate the increasing number of larger patients. Soon American public transit will consist of forklifts and flatbeds. My personal opinion is that media, education systems and our ruling class want it this way in order to balance out the bankrupt pension systems.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Although everybody points to obesity being the cause of the SUV obsession, and there is indeed a huge problem with obesity, when I talk to millennials about their vehicle choices, the primary reason they point to is the legal requirement for child car seats and how much easier it is to use them in CUVs and SUVs than cars, and that although a minivan would be even better, they hate minivans.

OP
Taz

Taz

Thread Starter #20
Interestingly enough, our Recaros in the FiST are "Euro Spec" and the ones in the Focus are not. The Focus seats are slightly wider and a slightly different shape, so the covers wouldn't fit anyway.
I didn't know they were smaller. Looking at the pics they look exactly the same, right down to the patterns on the backrest. Maybe that's why they didn't go with custom colours for all the seats, 'cause they had to have smaller seats specially made for the FiST, and considering the lower price of the car they just had a custom colour for the premium Molten Orange version?