Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Shop for PPI and Track Prep in NorCal/Bay Area

981gt4

Hi All,

I'm looking at a high mile 2016 ST in California, over 80K miles, to be used primarily as a track car. I'm hoping there's a local shop used to wrenching on these cars that might be able to do a PPI and track prep/mods, since I don't have a garage and am not much of a wrench anyway :( Prep would involve inspection, updated pads, updated brake fluid, lighter wheels, intercooler/radiator...

Thanks in advance for any referrals you might have!

I'm not aware of any ST-specific shops, but I'd be curious since I'm local too and would eventually need a shop for the LSD I have planned.

Track prep you don't need much wrench-experience, just Youtube, jack stands, and a decent tool set and you can figure it out. I just did my brakes in my friends driveway the other day since I don't have a garage either.

The intercooler and radiator are not necessary either to track, but certainly helpful.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I'm not aware of any ST-specific shops, but I'd be curious since I'm local too and would eventually need a shop for the LSD I have planned.

Track prep you don't need much wrench-experience, just Youtube, jack stands, and a decent tool set and you can figure it out. I just did my brakes in my friends driveway the other day since I don't have a garage either.

The intercooler and radiator are not necessary either to track, but certainly helpful.
When I first tracked my FiST at Thunderhill, I had issues with heat soak within a few laps, lost boost, and needed an extended cool-down period in the paddock. Sonoma and Laguna Seca are usually cooler temps, but they're also more vertical, so it's probably a wash. I don't think you'll have much fun between May and September without upgrading one or the other (preferably the radiator).

When I first tracked my FiST at Thunderhill, I had issues with heat soak within a few laps, lost boost, and needed an extended cool-down period in the paddock. Sonoma and Laguna Seca are usually cooler temps, but they're also more vertical, so it's probably a wash. I don't think you'll have much fun between May and September without upgrading one or the other (preferably the radiator).
That's why I don't track during the Summer, waiting till October to get back out there with all my turbo-car buddies.

Even with an upgraded radiator, wasn't able to get in many laps at Thunderhill without raising temps too high in May.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
That's why I don't track during the Summer, waiting till October to get back out there with all my turbo-car buddies.

Even with an upgraded radiator, wasn't able to get in many laps at Thunderhill without raising temps too high in May.
I had the same issue and switched over to distilled water + water wetter. No concerns now.

I had the same issue and switched over to distilled water + water wetter. No concerns now.
Thanks, I was running distilled water/coolant at the lowest ratio of coolant you're supposed to run, but was still getting too high. I will have to try the water wetter come October when I hit the track again.

You want to get in touch with Turn 9 in Santa Clara. They're a newer shop started by some track rats and they specialize in track vehicles. I've also had them do my last couple oil changes, they offer Amsoil oil changes for about as much as 4 quarts of Amsoil cost!