Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Shop in Northern VA that will install customer supplied parts?

Hi, anybody have any experiences with a repair or performance shop that will install customer supplied parts?

I'm looking for labor quotes on replacing brakes and pads but nearly every shop has declinced using customer supplied parts because they can't guarantee fitment and won't warranty their work.

I've found PTuning in Manassas, but it's a bit out of the way. So meanwhile, has anybody got any leads closer to Fairfax City area?

Thanks,
-meGrimlock

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Good Luck
Shops don't like using customer supplied parts because they loose the profit they make on the parts.
It is like bringing a stake into a restaurant and asking them to cook it for you.
Now if you were to ask the shop to order the parts you want, you may find they will oblige you.

Just my 2¢ worth.

Sam4

Or bringing a steak to Dracula. My Ford dealership has hung my brake parts on, which I supplied. I have a shop in town which advertises that you can BYO. I think what you may be experiencing is the old two-step. They don't WANT to do the job - it's a pain-in-the-ass, and they can't turn cars over fast enough, so they overprice to get you off the phone. Easy-peazy.

Negi

Look up FB market place,bunch of people do side hustle.Dont know how far you are from Red lion Pa,but our local Pa group member has his garage there.Nightmare garage.

Im located in Fredericksburg VA and can do installs with owner supplied parts. I can be found on facebook in the virginia st/rs page. Im Andrew Boring on there.
I have done many brake jobs, coil-over installs (suspension is my favorite to work on), exhaust installs, intercoolers, intakes, and much more (pretty much anything on a fiesta that can be replaced, I have done. I have owned three of them so far). I typically like to see parts before hand (see part numbers) with a history of the car (any accidents or replaced parts) so i can verify part fitment and if there could be any possible things that would effect the install. I work around auto parts inventory and used to work as a mechanics helper, and i continue to do small side jobs with the st/rs community to help people out.

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
Thanks, Fredericksburg is a bit far for me but I will keep you in mind. That's a great service you offer for the ST community.

kevinatfms

Im in Germantown and can offer up my garage/time to get it done. PM me and we can knock it out in a few hours.

I did my brakes in the parking lot in front of the townhouse we live in.. got it done in about 1.5 hours, if you can do it yourself its not too difficult. I brought my car to Ptuning in Manassas to install my Mishimoto radiator that I supplied and they got it done. +note for Ptuning, the main guy I dealt with used to have a FiST, and he told me everyone that works there has had one at some point or another. They are very familiar with the platform.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Luckily here in LA, shops need the work so I've never had any problem with getting parts installed, even when I'd bought the parts beforehand elsewhere, the dealership fitted them for me, no questions asked.

There are a few speed shops in Northern VA that do pretty solid work. I had NOVA speed shop do a bunch of transmission work and installed an LSD in my old CRZ and they did pretty solid work. I typically head up to shadetree garage up in mont alo PA to do my own work on my cars. PTUNING is another speed shop in the area. Pretty much any speed shop will install customer provided parts with no guarantee on warranty or fitment. I've been doing my own maintenance on my cars for the past 6+ years so I've become pretty proficient with simple installs and doing brake work. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions.

fST

Im in Germantown and can offer up my garage/time to get it done. PM me and we can knock it out in a few hours.
If the offer is still available, I may have to take you up on that. I've had my Fiesta for 6.5 years now and recently got the mod bug again. I do have a garage now but not too many tools and I don't have the experience/confidence to do much of anything myself. Well I have even less time with work and family life but I'm thinking of buying some mods but one of the biggest things that's holding me back is the install. I have Rally Armor mud flaps I bought 6.5 years ago that are still sitting in my garage lol

I'm located not too far away, in Anne Arundel County.

kevinatfms

If the offer is still available, I may have to take you up on that. I've had my Fiesta for 6.5 years now and recently got the mod bug again. I do have a garage now but not too many tools and I don't have the experience/confidence to do much of anything myself. Well I have even less time with work and family life but I'm thinking of buying some mods but one of the biggest things that's holding me back is the install. I have Rally Armor mud flaps I bought 6.5 years ago that are still sitting in my garage lol

I'm located not too far away, in Anne Arundel County.
PM me and I’ll shoot you my cell. We can find time to install parts. Offer is still open.