Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Should i buy a 300,000km FiSt for 4500cad

I’m looking at a fist and not sure if it’s worth buying or not it has 300k kms which is roughly 240,000miles give or take for 4500 Canadian dollars just not sure if I should or not clutch felt good no cel and no rust is it worth driving for a while or just stay away?

Do you know what kind of mods does it / did it have? When / if was timing belt / clutch done? Any visible leaks on / under the engine?

OP
N
Thread Starter #3
Timing was done 150 or 160 I believe no leaks only “mod” are led headlights and drilled and slotted rotors
Not sure on clutch but grabbed about half way and felt just like my friends who has a clutch with 30k on it
Also every km on it was highway from chilliwack to Coquitlam which is like a 90+km drive

I would personally stay away if it was heavily tuned and fitted with a semitruck turbo or.. things like that. These motors seem sturdy. Others may correct me but I don't think I've seen any awful long mileage failures mentioned here ever. I don't think I've even seen major oil leak stories :unsure: I figure you might need suspension and bushing refresh at some point but it's still seems like a good deal, provided it passes independent tech inspection. What year is the car?

OP
N
Thread Starter #5
I would personally stay away if it was heavily tuned and fitted with a semitruck turbo or.. things like that. These motors seem sturdy. Others may correct me but I don't think I've seen any awful long mileage failures mentioned here ever. I don't think I've even seen major oil leak stories :unsure: I figure you might need suspension and bushing refresh at some point but it's still seems like a good deal, provided it passes independent tech inspection. What year is the car?
2014 never been tuned or anything it’s a one owner car purchased from the dealer new regular oil changes and everything supposedly done at ford until warranty was up then went to great Canadian oil change every 5k for full synthetic

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
2014 never been tuned or anything it’s a one owner car purchased from the dealer new regular oil changes and everything supposedly done at ford until warranty was up then went to great Canadian oil change every 5k for full synthetic
Get it.

Any used car is always a risk, but 1 owner with regular oil changes and documentation is rare.
With that many miles, it may not feel new, but it should work for a long time to come.

Remember that Road and Track said this was one of the 20 greatest cars they've ever driven. It is really fun to drive.

Last edited:
Check the underside! I have 139k kms on mine (bought new in 2014, Canadian, just like the one you are looking at) and the subframe was rotting away. Here are the major rust areas where I would look if I were you.

- All lower door areas (bottom, where the door skin pinches the frame)
- Rear wheel wells (pull the wheel well liner and look at the plate located under the rear door)
- Pinch welds (hidden by the side skirts)
- Subframe (check for holes, flaking, etc.)
- Lower control arms and knuckles.
- Exhaust (all of it, one of my hangers rusted off)
- Spare wheel well (under the trunk)
- Gas reservoir metal straps
- Rear beam (check mounting bolts, will you be able to service it when the bushings let go ?)

Also, check the condition of the intercooler fins

I would highly, highly, highly suggest putting it on a lift and walking under it with a flashlight and taking at least 10-15 minutes. This will tell you much more about the life of the vehicle than anything else (in my opinion).

4500 CAD is cheap, but a new subframe is not (1300 CAD plus installation). A new exhaust is not. A new set of shocks all around is not. Consider the maintenance items, which could be disproportionately expensive in relation to the cost of the car. Body rust is expensive to fix as well and often overlooked.

Don't forget, you're not buying the car, you're buying the seller. One owner, well serviced, and highway miles are all good things in my book.

OP
N
Thread Starter #10
Check the underside! I have 139k kms on mine (bought new in 2014, Canadian, just like the one you are looking at) and the subframe was rotting away. Here are the major rust areas where I would look if I were you.

- All lower door areas (bottom, where the door skin pinches the frame)
- Rear wheel wells (pull the wheel well liner and look at the plate located under the rear door)
- Pinch welds (hidden by the side skirts)
- Subframe (check for holes, flaking, etc.)
- Lower control arms and knuckles.
- Exhaust (all of it, one of my hangers rusted off)
- Spare wheel well (under the trunk)
- Gas reservoir metal straps
- Rear beam (check mounting bolts, will you be able to service it when the bushings let go ?)

Also, check the condition of the intercooler fins

I would highly, highly, highly suggest putting it on a lift and walking under it with a flashlight and taking at least 10-15 minutes. This will tell you much more about the life of the vehicle than anything else (in my opinion).

4500 CAD is cheap, but a new subframe is not (1300 CAD plus installation). A new exhaust is not. A new set of shocks all around is not. Consider the maintenance items, which could be disproportionately expensive in relation to the cost of the car. Body rust is expensive to fix as well and often overlooked.

Don't forget, you're not buying the car, you're buying the seller. One owner, well serviced, and highway miles are all good things in my book.
I’ll try to see as much as a can i know a lot of fiesta parts are being discontinued but rockauto would be my best friend lol I also work in a shop so I’m gonna see if I can compression test/and or look underneath it