Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Should I just return it to stock, then sell?

PhoenixM3

I’m getting so many retarded scammers from autotrader, ugh. Thinking about pulling the S280 and DHM intercooler, dropping the price, and selling stuff piecemeal. Thoughts?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
It'll take longer to sell privately, but you'll get the most for it including the $ into mods. Streetcarmarket page on Instagram seems to have good luck moving modified vehicles pretty quick. Maybe worth checking out.

On a side note - dibs on the DHM intercooler setup if you decide to part out lol

ronmcdon

it was always my impression that selling aftermarket parts individually would get you more money overall.

I would also say this isn't a bad idea because so many fiesta owners seem to end up buying another at some point after they sell their car. Maybe keep the aftermarket parts for a year or so and sell when you're absolutely sure you won't get another fiesta.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I second ^^^^^ Ron’s comment above. If you are serious about selling remove the aftermarket parts and take it back to stock. You will most likely get more for the car itself as just a few weeks ago I checked my car in stock condition on Carmax and they would have given me $21600 :LOL: That’s almost 2k more than I paid new. Considering our cars are both 2018 and very close in spec feature wise you would win and have your performance parts to keep or sell.

OP
PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3

Thread Starter #8
It'll take longer to sell privately, but you'll get the most for it including the $ into mods. Streetcarmarket page on Instagram seems to have good luck moving modified vehicles pretty quick. Maybe worth checking out.

On a side note - dibs on the DHM intercooler setup if you decide to part out lol
The problem with selling the DHM IC is that I have the crash bar that comes with it and I don’t have the OEM crash bar.

OP
PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3

Thread Starter #9
I bought my 2nd fist with the S280 for 16100,slowly started removing all the aftermarket parts,made about 2800 on the parts.Sold the car to Carvana for 16045 after 5 months.And the S280 is sitting in the garage next to my 19 Fist.
How long ago did you buy the S280 equipped car? I suspect the environment has changed as prices have risen on used car market.

OP
PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3

Thread Starter #10
Well that's not a lot of info at all... what are you trying to sell it for? Have you checked Carvana/Carmax?
Sorry, I originally wanted $22.5k for my S280 equipped 2018 FiST w/ a spare new long block.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
The problem with selling the DHM IC is that I have the crash bar that comes with it and I don’t have the OEM crash bar.
I have a mint OEM crash bar but I'm in NH. Also I want to say I paid sub-$75 shipped for my OEM crash bar. The DHM combo will sell for quite a bit so probably worth your time on that one.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Like Jab said, OEM crash bars are cheap. Or I could send you my OEM if you do decide to go this route. My car isn't a DD, only driven it 3k miles in the last 19 months, so it'd be fine without a face for a bit.

OP
PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3

Thread Starter #14
Like Jab said, OEM crash bars are cheap. Or I could send you my OEM if you do decide to go this route. My car isn't a DD, only driven it 3k miles in the last 19 months, so it'd be fine without a face for a bit.
Problem is the GR86 is coming next month and I’d prefer to sell the FiST to help pay for it.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Problem is the GR86 is coming next month and I’d prefer to sell the FiST to help pay for it.
100% you should try to get top dollar private party and sell it modified. Parting out is a PITA and I'll never do it personally unless the return is considerably higher. Just saying I selfishly want your IC if you decide to part it out lol