Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sirrius Serious Lockup of System

I started my car and up on my screen appears Sirrius Update 0% Update. Immediately my entire Sync locks up. No Nav, no radio, no Bluetooth no commands absolutely nothing. Finally, after 45 minutes on the phone with an advanced tech, she tells me this is happening with Ford Sirrius customers and that I have to take it to the dealer to have the battery disconnected and let my car reboot. I can disconnect the battery unless there is some problem with doing it. I will be demanding an immediate refund for my subscription and if not given, I think it is attorney time. Any time a company can send a signal to your car and lockup an entire system that is time for a disconnect and some serious chewing[:(!]

SiriusXM did nothing deliberately. I got the same update from the same satellites as every other make and model of car with Sirius hardware because they did a channel lineup change yesterday. The Ford Sync 3 system apparently has a problem processing it, though mine took it just fine. It's a Ford issue, not SXM.
Attorney? [dunno] It's nothing but a software glitch that is easily fixed under warranty, just relax.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
The old unplug to reboot eh? Couldn't hold the power button for five-ten seconds I guess. Computer crashes on any system whether Apple iPhone, iPac, Mac or embedded Linux O/S are never fun. It's only a real problem if the crashes are consistent and/or the old "reboot" doesn't resolve the problem.

Apple is pretty adept at disguising their crashes so that most customers don't recognize them as such. Either you get the "beach ball of dealth," a message about 'power off and on' or a message about plugging into a PC running their iTune product.

Ford might want to do the same... disguise the crash with a 1-800 number or/and instructions to visit the dealer. Also, software recovery for the embedded Linux O/S should be more robust, and after so many key on/offs, automatically recognize when it needs to go into recovery mode.