Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Small non-performance improvements for your FiST

jeff

2000 Post Club
Today I was enjoying driving my Fiesta around, I was thinking of some things I've done to my car that really enhance the driving experience, I'm not talking about performance but rather just little things that make the car nicer, thought I'd share a few of my favorite, maybe some of you newer members would enjoy investing small $ in these things that really make a big improvement every day every driver:

- the Focus adjustable headrest upgrade - search YT for my video on this, it discusses model years and etc. you'll need...what a nice difference compared to stock
- the padded armrest - get a leather armrest cover from redlinegoods and add your own padding (or buy theirs)...what a difference this makes
- the leather shift boot - also from rlg....just so much nicer than the stock piece of flimsy nothing material, and customizeable, mine is two-tone to match the Recaros
- window tint - can't stress enough what a difference this makes in warm temps, and it improves the look of your ride
- interior LEDs - another super cheap mod, really makes a difference at night

OK there are many more but those are some of my 'non-performance but very worthy' recommendations for some of you newer members. Plus, it's just so much fun and so satisfying to improve your car and then enjoy the upgrades every day.

Good job on these mods. If I get Recaros, I'll definitely do those upgrades. I've done the rest. I actually regret tinting my windows somewhat. The shop that did it was top notch but considering they had to remove so many panels, some of which I had to tweak back into place, I kind of wish I'd spent the $450 elsewhere and not had my car molested. I actually dislike things being darker from the inside when wanting to see nature in its original color glory and at night it makes things more difficult to see. If I want dimmer, sunglasses do the trick. It does help with the heat somewhat but not as much as I'd hoped as I got the windshield done too. I didn't skimp as I got Xpel Prime. Anyway, it's not worthless and I do like the look and even minor heat reduction but it's kind of a no net gain for me.

These don't improve the driving experience but SHORTY ANTENNA. It's like $20 and I never see people with them. The stock antenna is hideous IMO. Makes the car look like an R/C car. Very underrated "mod" if you ask me. And to top it off it takes 40 seconds to screw the stock one off and screw in the new one.

These don't improve the driving experience but SHORTY ANTENNA. It's like $20 and I never see people with them. The stock antenna is hideous IMO. Makes the car look like an R/C car. Very underrated "mod" if you ask me. And to top it off it takes 40 seconds to screw the stock one off and screw in the new one.
Can you link to one that you'd recommend? Thanks!

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
He is probably talking about this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Stubby-Anten...tubby+fiesta+st+antenna&qid=1621807657&sr=8-3

I am hesitant to get it a few people said it ruined their reception. I do like to listen to the radio occasionally.
Really geo dependent. I ordered the 2" Cravenspeed from Whoosh and I'm pretty rural North Georgia. Killed reception. Not that I care because I don't listen to actual FM radio.

If I'm in a city, no problem. I did a 6" antennae on the Gladiator and same thing. It picks up better than the FiST, but reception was compromised.

I'm going to check out the leather armrest cover. I also just bought yellow Lamin-X films for the fogs and the iSincer LED turn signals and license plate LEDs. Didn't know there was an LED light kit. Great tip.

For me, it is keeping the cabin clean. 303 the plastics, treat the seats, vacuumed, and dusted. It just makes driving a better experience.

I do want new floor mats. The OE mats are terrible.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Which one do you have and how strong is it?
Its a 330mm I believe. Broadway makes them in a "chrome" lens thats brighter for tinted windows.

As far as strong, it clips into the rear view mirror and has never fallen off on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thank you. Close to WeatherTechs? I've been considering Lloyd's as I want to keep it carpet. Just something thicker and that wears better.
The sides go up pretty high, and it covers the "dead pedal" portion of the driver's side. No need to buy one. Way better than Weather techs.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Husky floor liners.
The sides go up pretty high, and it covers the "dead pedal" portion of the driver's side. No need to buy one. Way better than Weather techs.
Do these have a cutout for the clutch pedal 'arm' (unlike the Weather Techs I have, which I had to cut away the top to be able to fully disengage the clutch)?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
@Typical Tom ... making my car look like an R/C car... now there's an idea 💡... 🤔... add some stripes and decals... really long flimsy antannae with a wire hanging off the end... knobby tires... mega huge spoiler in the back... extend the front bumper... 😉 If I had the time I'd PhotoShop that on there as a fun gag.

Since I never use my front outlet, bought one of these just to get a cockpit volt reading.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B085LKLCYX/
1621870792552.png
Should arrive tomorrow.

EDIT 21y05m26d:
Forgot that the front outlet stays active on my 2016.
Might look into putting a relay on it.

Last edited: