Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Random Small Issues

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
When I pulled off my skid plate I found two things that I'm concerned about.
1. Some of the paint has chipped off my subframe to the left of the RMM. Im going to clean it up and spray some rust barrier on it. I'm curious if anyone else has seen this happen?
IMG_20220409_150454483.jpg

The other thing I noticed is a small amount of oil had built up on one of the lines running from the turbo. Idk what it's called but I circled it in the picture. Has anyone else experienced this? It's not very much, and I'm probably too worried about it, but I want to try to keep this car in as good shape as I can.
IMG_20220408_130804911~2.jpg

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
When I pulled off my skid plate I found two things that I'm concerned about.
1. Some of the paint has chipped off my subframe to the left of the RMM. Im going to clean it up and spray some rust barrier on it. I'm curious if anyone else has seen this happen?
View attachment 48076

The other thing I noticed is a small amount of oil had built up on one of the lines running from the turbo. Idk what it's called but I circled it in the picture. Has anyone else experienced this? It's not very much, and I'm probably too worried about it, but I want to try to keep this car in as good shape as I can.
View attachment 48077
New oil drain tube and gaskets or you could try just gaskets *

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
So I don't have to create a new thread, I'm going to ask this here:
I'm trying to fix my Fiesta's ac which stopped working back in the fall of 2020 because the previous owner installed an oil catch can too close to the ac line that runs under the coolant resovior and in rubbed a hole in the line. My question is: can I change that line from in the engine bay or will I need to go under the dash?
Also, i'm sure pictures would be helpful, but since it's night rn, I'll have to get them tomorrow.

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #8
Snapchat-1362417947.jpg
Snapchat-1294320704.jpg
Here's pictures of the line. Top one shows where it connects to the firewall.
Ugg, just looking at it there's not much space in there.

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
My subframe looks way worse than that. I'll take pictures next time I'm underneath.
Are you going to do anything about it or is the rust inevitable? I know it's probably worse for you because you're up north.

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #11
IMG_20220520_150446657.jpg
Does this fabric that I assume is for heat shielding actually do anything? Mines falling off and I'd kinda like to just get rid of it.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
View attachment 48858
Does this fabric that I assume is for heat shielding actually do anything? Mines falling off and I'd kinda like to just get rid of it.
It's there for heat protection for the hood paint and likely some noise suppression.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #13
IMG_20220602_174814594.jpg
Does anyone have a picture of where the boost sensor is located? I have a P0236 code that I need to solve.

We just have the two MAP/TMAP sensors right? So one on the intake manifold and the other on the cold-side intake pipe. Referencing Dizzy's posts for this, I've never really had to mess with them. Sounds like it's worth checking those connections and considering you just passed 100K either could just be due for a replacement or cleaning I'd think.

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #16
Inline/in the middle of the evap harness is a module that will trigger that code as well if it's not plugged in.
I don't see anything unplugged, but I'll be replacing the whole evap harness in a bit, so I'll look more re closely then.

We just have the two MAP/TMAP sensors right? So one on the intake manifold and the other on the cold-side intake pipe. Referencing Dizzy's posts for this, I've never really had to mess with them. Sounds like it's worth checking those connections and considering you just passed 100K either could just be due for a replacement or cleaning I'd think.
Thanks for the info, I didn't think about those. Mine looks oily, I should probably clean it and see if anything changes. IMG_20220603_155524649.jpg
How would y'all recommend cleaning them?

View attachment 48858
I replaced mine less than a year ago because it was sagging. I read that its job is to insulate; meaning it reduces noise and helps to keep heat inside of the engine bay for the purpose of hastening the duration of achieving normal operating temperature when the ambient temperature is cold. I'd venture to guess that it promotes gradual heat loss after shutting off the engine so that there's little probability for temperature shock.

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #18
So I had two new codes pop up today, P0238 and P025E. The P0236 code is now gone. I think I might have an issue with the boost pressure sensor because it's listed as a solution for all three codes. Has anyone delt with these codes before?
https://www.engine-codes.com/p0238_ford.html
https://www.engine-codes.com/p025e_ford.html
https://www.engine-codes.com/p0236.html

The other issue that appeared today may be related to the codes, I'm not really sure. I noticed when I let off the throttle, get on the throttle, or right as I engage the clutch, there is a jerking almost like the it's taking up slack in the drivetrain. The weird thing about it is that I noticed it happen over several drives, then it got worse on one drive, but after I shut the car off and turned it back on it felt better. I might have a bad motor mount, and I plan on replacing them with vibra-technics mounts soon anyway. I'm wondering if anyone else has felt something like this?

The other issue that appeared today may be related to the codes, I'm not really sure. I noticed when I let off the throttle, get on the throttle, or right as I engage the clutch, there is a jerking almost like the it's taking up slack in the drivetrain. The weird thing about it is that I noticed it happen over several drives, then it got worse on one drive, but after I shut the car off and turned it back on it felt better. I might have a bad motor mount, and I plan on replacing them with vibra-technics mounts soon anyway. I'm wondering if anyone else has felt something like this?
Driving around my parents ecoboost Ford Escape and it feels exactly like that due to worn mounts. Keep convincing them to get it all fixed, it really is that awful, jerky, "taking up slack" kind of sensation like you described.

OP
FiestaSTdude

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #20
My turbo seems to be leaking oil/coolant/ maybe both from the hard lines that run into it. I suspect that the copper washers might be the issue since I used the original ones. Is there a way to get new ones without having to buy new hard lines?