Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

So I bought an FiST without driving it, that I won't get to pick up for 10 months...

Sorry for taking so long to reply! The process was very easy. I think some of it had to do with the sales person at Military Exchange Car Sales though, as they know they aren't going to get someone to commit to buying a car in a location where most aren't allowed a vehicle, through high-pressure tactics. The deal I got was better than the price through USAA's car buying service, and the bonus to me is that I supposedly "collect" all of the incentives of the vehicle up until 30 days after I pick it up. There's the other good part. If you are like me and have no intention of actually having the vehicle delivered to your overseas location, you just pick where and when you want your car delivered.

Another perk I discovered... in the past I bought my Ecoboost Flex through the car-buying service at USAA and it, and the incentives applied to dealer stock, as I purchased the car Memorial Day weekend, which is past the model year manufacture cycle end. If you don't know already, that weekend is one of the best of the year for buying a vehicle as it is a holiday and very close to when new model year stock comes out. With this car, I've got the car already on order, but if and when incentives like that come out, I'll automatically get them even though I had the car built to my exact spec and I know the car won't be driven by someone else, etc.

One more thing on the financing front: They offer you a few credit unions as well, which typically have lower rates than banks, and most of them allow you to sign a letter of intent to finance and not have to start paying on the loan until you pick up the vehicle. The good part about that is that you can use that time to make some payments, and you aren't committed to anything until you take delivery. I fully expect to have at least $12K down on the vehicle before I pick it up, making my actual loan very cheap in addition to basically getting a custom order car, for end of model year pricing. I guess it all comes down to your preferences, but it's a tough deal to beat. Hope this answered your question.
Thanks for the very thorough response!

I'm leaving for Osan on Sunday and have retested the GTI (great interior, great seats, but the drive is more GT that sport, too refined) and sat in a Fiesta again to get a second feel for it. Right now it comes down to the very off chance my bum of a cousin (love him) will sell me his buyeye like he promised, the Fiesta, or an STI. The STI makes my girlfriend physically ill when riding in it, so I'm about 85% sure I'll be ordering a FiST though the overseas buying program.

Even if my cousin comes through I would probably buy his car and have a FiST as my daily, as the buyeye will be 14 years old when I get my hands on it.

Jayrod, You won't regret it at all. I had a 03 Subbie WRX sedan and it was a beast but the focus stock for stock would pounce on it. It is just an amazing feeling car. I drove a base here in Germany through the overseas car sales. I ordered mine in White with smoke recaros and can't wait till it gets here. First break it in then to the ring.

Take care

Ordered mine today from the same place. Performance blue and all options save for the painted wheels, calipers and racing stripes. Should be delivered as a 2016 and there is no penalty for canceling the order, so why not? They have a red one on display so I was able to confirm that the Reccaros were the right choice.

I'll be changing the wheels out for some Sparco Terras and adding a roof rack, but probably not much else. Should see mine in 11 months.

OP
J

jayrod1980

Thread Starter #24
Ordered mine today from the same place. Performance blue and all options save for the painted wheels, calipers and racing stripes. Should be delivered as a 2016 and there is no penalty for canceling the order, so why not? They have a red one on display so I was able to confirm that the Reccaros were the right choice.

I'll be changing the wheels out for some Sparco Terras and adding a roof rack, but probably not much else. Should see mine in 11 months.
Awesome, which guy did you buy yours from? What sq do you work for? I'm in comm. I bought mine as a 2015 I believe but the delivery date is the end of September I believe. Regardless, I'm most interested in locking in all the deals such as the labor and Memorial Day credits and incentives. I've yet to figure out how to claim those. Mines got everything but molten, stripes, or sun roof. I'm tall so the headroom is more needed. Plus Vegas is so hot you never want the roof open. I've already played around with the red one on display. I was impressed except that the front half of the grab rail on the drivers side door was coming apart already. In some ways, my 2006 WRX has higher quality plastics. Oh well, this car gets glowing reviews from all. I just need to get my stage 2/3 parts ordered.

Steve was the guy I was working with. Nice guy to talk to and he didn't set off my bullshit alarm at any point. I work at legal.

I asked about the incentive bit and they should be collected automatically. I asked twice and then confirmed my understanding, but I'll believe it when I see it happen for the first time. Not sure where I'm going for my next base but I've got my home of record in as a placeholder for delivery. Once I get orders I can change it, though I didn't get orders to here till a week out... Still stoked to see how this plays out, hope I can keep from ordering parts till after it is delivered.

OP
J

jayrod1980

Thread Starter #26
Alright... now I'm rethinking my buy. I still want the car and I already ordered it... but the 2016 model has new sync, black wheel options, and new color choices. Also... the USAA car buying service price was much less than what I'm on the hook for now. I've not been alerted to any new discounts or anything like that. I might cancel and go for the 2016 while I still have time. I don't arrive home until late October... that should hopefully be enough time to build and ship a 2016.