Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Socal GarageWorks Carbon Fiber Steering wheel

Hey Guys!

Been seriously looking forward to this moment where I get to show you guys my new steering wheel. Just received it and installed it this evening and I think it looks absolutely awesome! I'm glad there are more options opening up for our platform. Let me know what you guys think!

You can find this HERE, where you can make a really customized wheel to match whatever you are going for in your interior. The control buttons that were included even glow red instead of white now.

I know this sounds really paid advertisement-y but I am honestly just really happy with how the product turned out.

Let me know what you guys think or is you have any questions, hell, roast me if you want! Hopefully you guys like it!

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The greatly increased rim thickness is cool.

I could go for this if they offered it in alcantara suede for ALL of the places your hands could/would make contact with the wheel. [wink] [driving]

OP
Djkid1456
Thread Starter #5
I believe they may actually be able to do that for you. I'd recommend sending them a chat from their site. I had to ask a few questions before I placed my order and they were very informative an and helpful.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Geebus. I don’t think I’d be able to wrap my fingers around this salami. Would have to steer like a rally car....

OP
Djkid1456
Thread Starter #7
Geebus. I don’t think I’d be able to wrap my fingers around this salami. Would have to steer like a rally car....
To be fair I think the wide angle lens on my phone is artificial adding some girth to the wheel. Lol but it's definitely thicker! I'd say it's just right though.

Sent from my SM-F700U1 using Tapatalk

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
The greatly increased rim thickness is cool.

I could go for this if they offered it in alcantara suede for ALL of the places your hands could/would make contact with the wheel. [wink] [driving]
They seem to offer an all-Alcantara option?

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
To be fair I think the wide angle lens on my phone is artificial adding some girth to the wheel. Lol but it's definitely thicker! I'd say it's just right though.

This is cheaper than what some Ukrainians have been selling... I think it’s a bit dear at $600 after you send them your old one. I’d consider it though - except I had bought a Redline Goods kit to wrap around the OEM. Actually, bought it a year + ago. Still hasn’t been installed....

OP
Djkid1456
Thread Starter #10
It does appear that way. Here's a screenshot of the "material" drop down on their site.

OP
Djkid1456
Thread Starter #11
This is cheaper than what some Ukrainians have been selling... I think it’s a bit dear at $600 after you send them your old one. I’d consider it though - except I had bought a Redline Goods kit to wrap around the OEM. Actually, bought it a year + ago. Still hasn’t been installed....
Same here man! I ended up ordering a East Detailing wheel wrap kit that I never installed (partially due to it taking forever to arrive, so I ended up ordering this wheel)

Same here man! I ended up ordering a East Detailing wheel wrap kit that I never installed (partially due to it taking forever to arrive, so I ended up ordering this wheel)

So glad we have another option for custom steering wheel. How long did production take?

OP
Djkid1456
Thread Starter #14
Oh never mind [emoji38]. Saw the 6-8 weeks production times.
I totally understand what you're saying but they're completely worth the wait. There's another guy named jalisco carbon fiber on Instagram that may have quicker turn around! I'd recommend you check him out. A guy on the ST Facebook page recommends him.

I totally understand what you're saying but they're completely worth the wait. There's another guy named jalisco carbon fiber on Instagram that may have quicker turn around! I'd recommend you check him out. A guy on the ST Facebook page recommends him.

So glad you posted. I loved how your steering wheel looks. I went ahead and ordered with SoCal Garageworks. They had 4th of July discount that ends today.

OP
Djkid1456
Thread Starter #16
So glad you posted. I loved how your steering wheel looks. I went ahead and ordered with SoCal Garageworks. They had 4th of July discount that ends today.
Awesome! I'm glad this post was helpful in making the decision! Can't wait to see how it turns out. What options did you go with?

Awesome! I'm glad this post was helpful in making the decision! Can't wait to see how it turns out. What options did you go with?

I went with Carbon fiber with Black Alcantara, grey stitching, grey top line, and no button trim.

I’m in the process of sending the ST for hood, bumper, side mirror caps, explorer shark fin antenna, and steering wheel button trim for repaint (Tuxedo Black). Bumper and hood is in bad shape from rocks and chips so I figured I may as well add some to the repaint.

OP
Djkid1456
Thread Starter #18
I went with Carbon fiber with Black Alcantara, grey stitching, grey top line, and no button trim.

I’m in the process of sending the ST for hood, bumper, side mirror caps, explorer shark fin antenna, and steering wheel button trim for repaint (Tuxedo Black). Bumper and hood is in bad shape from rocks and chips so I figured I may as well add some to the repaint.
Sounds dope man! It's going to look great. I'm sure you'll be happy with the result, they do great work. Patience is the hardest part now. Lol