Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Socket Set- Really Nice- Tekton

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I just got this new socket set and like it a lot-
https://www.tekton.com/3-8-inch-drive-6-point-socket-and-ratchet-set-skt15301

I had done research looking for best socket sets, and this set or its predecessor popped up on a number of sites including Popular Mechanics and Review Lab. Popular Mechanics said-
Tekton is a lesser-known brand based out of Grand Rapids, Michigan, and has been gaining a fair amount of attention lately by offering respectable-quality tools at an entry-level price.

It appears to be very high quality, the ratchet is particularly nice. This is a 3/8" drive all 6-point set, with a good size range and I believe no sizes skipped within the range. It also has a lifetime guarantee. Upgrades from the older set that it replaced include a nicer ratchet, larger and better size markings, and a better direction switch.
This replaced a 15-20 year old 101 piece Craftsman set that I had, which just had way more tools than I would ever use. Honestly the Tekton set probably has more sockets than I will use, I'm not really all that mechanical, but I find it handy to have a good socket set around. My old Craftsman set was from the time when that was known to be really good stuff, but this set from Tekton is substantially better.

Last edited:

DangerMouse

I have a few impact socket sets and other ratchets and what not by tekton.

I have not been disappointed for the amount I use them.

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Tekton also had some favorable comments on one of the tool forums, The Garage Journal.
https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415919

They also had a rep on that forum who participated and answered questions and responded to comments, which I always think is a good sign for a company. I remember when Ford used to do that on here, it was really helpful.

DangerMouse

Was at Meijer yesterday and walked past the tool section. They carry a ton of Tekton tools now. I ended up grabbing a few things cause why not. Nice to know I can get them local rather than Amazon now.

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Was at Meijer yesterday and walked past the tool section. They carry a ton of Tekton tools now. I ended up grabbing a few things cause why not. Nice to know I can get them local rather than Amazon now.
Which tools did you get? Post up how you like them after you use them for a while if you think about it, I'd be interested to see other people's opinions of them.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I do like them they are made in Taiwan I believe. After school and working at a shop for a little bit before I realized I hated it I bought some snap-on and matco stuff. Now I personally love my matco ratchet, and my snap-on sockets they can't be beat. It makes absolutely no sense to buy those tools unless you have access to a tool truck as you will get screwed buying them online new. Tool truck guys will give you deals especially if you're paying for them straight up. Tekton tools are great for the home mechanic especially with Craftsman just being a name it simply means nothing anymore. I have a few Tekton tools I believe some socket adapters maybe a few others.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

DangerMouse

Which tools did you get? Post up how you like them after you use them for a while if you think about it, I'd be interested to see other people's opinions of them.

Just a large deadblow hammer and 4 small clamps. Nothing crazy. Already used the clamps, very strong.