Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SOLD: 2015 Ford Fiesta ST

Trader history for FOMOCO (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliboy15

you'll get more of your money back by selling your aftermarket parts and putting back the car to stock.. IMO

GLWS

OP
F
Thread Starter #23
I figure i can get 1500 for the parts at best, figuring in the cost of an alignment for the springs and tire change, plus the stock exhaust would have to be welded. the MP215 has to stay with the car. I doubt i will get 16 for the car when i can't get 17,500 with all the mods but you might be right.

Zissou

Here's what my uncle told me about tuning cars: when you trade a modified car to a dealership it sends a big flag to the next purchaser that the car was likely hooned by a 24 year old flat brim wearing, monster energy drinking sterotype. Whether or not it's true is not the relevant part, but the perception is. So the dealership has one of two options; lower the selling price to try and attract another 24 year old flat brim wearing, monster energy drinking guy with a little less money OR they go buy all the OEM parts and throw those sick mods in the trash, so they can get more money for the vehicle. Sure, those parts are valuable to guys like us, be to a dealership they actually hurt the value of the car.

Which is why we're telling you, part out your car and you'll get more money.

Extreme example; which one of these do you think a dealership could sell easier?

OP
F
Thread Starter #26
They didn't have energy drinks when I was 24 but thanks for the advice! And right now I'm trying to sell privately. I have an offer from the dealer that I'm buying my RS from so if it doesn't sell I will obviously pull the mods prior to taking it to the dealer. At 53 I'm guessing I've owned and sold at least as many cars as your uncle but you pictures are really neat !

Here's what my uncle told me about tuning cars: when you trade a modified car to a dealership it sends a big flag to the next purchaser that the car was likely hooned by a 24 year old flat brim wearing, monster energy drinking sterotype. Whether or not it's true is not the relevant part, but the perception is. So the dealership has one of two options; lower the selling price to try and attract another 24 year old flat brim wearing, monster energy drinking guy with a little less money OR they go buy all the OEM parts and throw those sick mods in the trash, so they can get more money for the vehicle. Sure, those parts are valuable to guys like us, be to a dealership they actually hurt the value of the car.

Which is why we're telling you, part out your car and you'll get more money.

Extreme example; which one of these do you think a dealership could sell easier?
When I was shopping around, SO MANY of the used ST's had CarFax's that said "replaced 2 tires, offered for sale". That was the red flag for me to NOT buy one used. I'm not saying you've hotrodded your car or anything... in fact, had I known about yours before picking up my own last week, I would have been REALLY interested. But it was tough enough to find a new white ST, I guess they just aren't as in demand as the other colors for some reason. Good luck with your sale. Someone's gotta want it...

Zissou

They didn't have energy drinks when I was 24 but thanks for the advice! And right now I'm trying to sell privately. I have an offer from the dealer that I'm buying my RS from so if it doesn't sell I will obviously pull the mods prior to taking it to the dealer. At 53 I'm guessing I've owned and sold at least as many cars as your uncle but you pictures are really neat !
Yeah I mean all of this is to say... I want those springs haha

OP
F
Thread Starter #29
first and foremost I would never sell this car to someone without letting them know it has been tuned and had non stock parts on it. Even if I trade it in the dealer will know the history of the car and they will have my permission to let any perspective buyers contact me.
There is a local Facebook group Kansas City ford ST and RS owners and somebody just bought a used 15 Focus ST from a dealer. It had no headlight bulbs no air filter and has broken down within a few days of his purchase. My guess is the previous owner had mods that were removed and traded the car in, either him or the dealer has been dishonest and the new owner is paying the price.
A couple of the reasons I'm not pulling the mods off yet: the mp215 tune is mated to the vin of the car, it seems a shame to have it removed and not get anything back on what was a fairly pricey upgrade. Another reason is the time and effort of removing the mods and then advertising packing and shipping them.

I do appreciate the advice from everyone but really would love to sell this barely used like new ST to someone that will enjoy it the way it is.....

...There is a local Facebook group Kansas City ford ST and RS owners...
AND YOU'RE NEAR KC?? Never fails, after i pick one up, something turns up that could have been an excellent deal... Again, good luck with the sale, I'll stop spamming your thread now [bigcry]

OP
F
Thread Starter #32
No problem on the posts, I enjoy talking about the car. I have a feeling I will miss it even when I get the RS!

Status
Not open for further replies.