Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SOLD DHM Aluminum Catback Exhaust

Trader history for rodmoe (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
DHM ALuminum Catback 2.5 inch exhaust. Included in this is a 3 inch bolt on adapter to a 2.5 inch Vband exhaust pipe ending in a 3 inch Tip. Super Quiet and only Weighs 12 lbs !! Easy to install and just looks Great..

$600.00 Shipped (lower 48)

Or delivered in the State of Wi. and its Borders

Almost kept this just for the pure artwork in its welds..

Attachments

Pete

Oh that's beautiful. To clarify the part that bolts to the downpipe is 3" or 2.5"

Siestarider

This is my dream exhaust. But everything I read convinced me aluminum would not hold up over any length of time. Why will this one?

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Oh that's beautiful. To clarify the part that bolts to the downpipe is 3" or 2.5"
The bolt on adapter is 3 inch necking down to a 2.5 inch Vband connection and pipe till after the last can then is sizes up to a 3 inch tip.

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
This is my dream exhaust. But everything I read convinced me aluminum would not hold up over any length of time. Why will this one?
I have no idea why this wouldn't last as long as anyother exhaust other than the salt may eat this one faster than a high grade stainless steel unit. As for vibration its all hung from rubber hangers and the Vband makes a solid fit at the cat adapter.

Aluminum expands more than steel when heated which can cause stress through repeated heating and cooling. Aluminum doesn't rust though so there's that.

Siestarider

Aluminum expands more than steel when heated which can cause stress through repeated heating and cooling. Aluminum doesn't rust though so there's that.
That and its tensile strength goes down fast at heat levels that steel tolerates easily. I found a couple hybrid steel up front and aluminium at cool end, but even that was criticized by some as not durable due to Terawr references.

OP
R

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Sold
Thread Closed
Thanks For looking

Status
Not open for further replies.