Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SOLD: GT350 Shift Knob - Perfect, great deal

Trader history for DP03 (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLD!!

So I have tried the Boomba oval knob (sold to a member here), and now the Mustang GT350 knob. Many call the GT knob a perfect match for this car. While I agree in the way it looks, I just seem to like the feel of the stock knob better. I know, I'm crazy. But someone else's gain.

This was purchased from CJPonyparts.com 2 weeks ago.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-shi...ed-accents-v6-ecoboost-gt-2015-2016/p/MSK409/

You use a lock nut to retain the reverse lockout, and I am including that. This nut has the nylon ring inside, so there's no need for locktite.

It doesn't get any newer than this!

P1000854.jpg P1000855.jpg P1000856.jpg

$70 shipped firm.

TempeST

GLWS, I too enjoy my Stock knob over the three I have had.

How does this one fit? does the reverse lockout get covered like it does with the stock knob?

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
GLWS, I too enjoy my Stock knob over the three I have had.

How does this one fit? does the reverse lockout get covered like it does with the stock knob?
Well, it's adjustable in the sense you can twist it as high or low as you want. But, of course, you can't go too low without disabling the lockout. The way I had it it went about down to the lockout, but there was a little gap between the top of the lockout and the bottom of the knob. You couldn't see it without getting down there and looking at it, and I'm guessing you could twist it down further. I never got to the point of fine tuning it. It is fully functional with the reverse lockout.

I tried to post a pic I took last week with it on my car, but that photo was too large to upload. I could email it if anyone's interested.

TempeST

For the picture being to large, Email it to yourself in a smaller resolution and you'll be able to post it. I have to do that with all my pics.

As for the Knob, I know exactly what you mean by having that small gap, it is the exact same way on my 2015 Mustang GT knob. and I dealt with it for a few weeks before switching back to the stock one. anyway thanks for the clarification. I guess the mustangs lockouts don't have to be pulled up so far to engage.

GLWS!

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
Funny, we may be the only two that have returned to the stock knob. I liked both the Boomba and the GT knob a lot. I originally was going for very heavy, with the Abrams M1 in mind. I couldn't get around the price though, especially after adding the shift pattern. There are so many nice ones out there, but I think for now I'm staying stock.

The GT knob is a very high quality piece made for a high dollar car. I'm really surprised that some of the other knobs out there don't even thread theirs. Just a collar and a set screw.

Anyway, we'll see if there's interest here and if not it's on Ebay. The Mustang guys will be all over this.

TempeST

we very well may be, haha. I have looked into the M1 abrams as well. actually the Phantom knob from them, but just as you said, I can't get around paying that much for it. If TWM comes out with a whole shifter kit, I'll probably get it. Had one on my 350, and 370. they make great products. I'll be honest, I want this knob, but I'm afraid I will feel the same as you about it. seeing as I have had three different ones and still like the stock one best. The mustang guys would love it. anyway, back on subject. :) Again GLWS. I'm sure it will go quick

Status
Not open for further replies.